Re: [podcasters] Promo feedback requested

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
      On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:

      You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?

      Rich...

      > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
      > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
      > itself is similar.
    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
        It was 1 Jul 2008, when Rich commented:

        > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
        >
        > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
        >
        > Rich...
        >
        > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
        > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
        > > itself is similar.

        That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show. On
        the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I haven't
        heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.

        Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)

        I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that somehow
        seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of them
        is me.

        Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine -- half my
        audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.

        ;-)

        Doncha love micromarkets?

        --

        Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
          Tell you what. I've just subscribed to Bloodthirsty Vegetarians. If I
          think it's a match, I'll be in touch. Looks like fun in any event.

          On Jul 1, 2008, at 7:30 PM, Rich wrote:

          > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
          >
          > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
          >
          > Rich...
          >
          >> Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
          >> Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
          >> itself is similar.

        • Stephen Nelson
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
            Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I've re-recorded my sections with
            a Snowball and moved the URL to the end.

            The result is here:

            http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/promo_2.mp3

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
              On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:46 -0500, David Smith wrote:

              I always thought Bloodthirsty Vegetarians were sort of unique. ;-)

              Then again, I can't really say since John and I are the "talent" on BV.

              I leave those comparisons to your good offices.

              Best,
              Rich...

              --
              Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com

              Robust progressive conversation shared over a bottle of good wine,
              tempered with humor and independent music.

              > > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
              > >
              > > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
              > >
              > > Rich...
              >
              > > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the
              > show
              > > > itself is similar.
              >
              > That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show.
              > On
              > the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I
              > haven't
              > heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.
              >
              > Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)
              >
              > I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that
              > somehow
              > seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of
              > them
              > is me.
              >
              > Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine --
              > half my
              > audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.
              >
              > ;-)
              >
              > Doncha love micromarkets?
            • kscolligan
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
                Sounds pretty good.

                It's not too close to my 'cast, content-wise, but I'd imagine there
                might be some crossover interest. I'll slate it in for a future Well
                Told Tales episode.

                Cheers,
                Kevin

                Well Told Tales