Re: [podcasters] Promo feedback requested

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
      It was 1 Jul 2008, when Rich commented:

      > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:04 -0500, David Smith wrote:
      >
      > Hi all,
      >
      > > As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
      > > "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?
      >
      > Hey David, I'm not sure what you're asking me.
      >
      > Best,
      > Rich...

      Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
      Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
      itself is similar.

      --

      Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
        On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:

        You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?

        Rich...

        > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
        > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
        > itself is similar.
      • David Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
          It was 1 Jul 2008, when Rich commented:

          > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
          >
          > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
          >
          > Rich...
          >
          > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
          > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
          > > itself is similar.

          That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show. On
          the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I haven't
          heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.

          Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)

          I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that somehow
          seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of them
          is me.

          Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine -- half my
          audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.

          ;-)

          Doncha love micromarkets?

          --

          Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
          Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
          Stickam: <http://www.stickam.com/grizzlysgrowls>
        • Stephen Nelson
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
            Tell you what. I've just subscribed to Bloodthirsty Vegetarians. If I
            think it's a match, I'll be in touch. Looks like fun in any event.

            On Jul 1, 2008, at 7:30 PM, Rich wrote:

            > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
            >
            > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
            >
            > Rich...
            >
            >> Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
            >> Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
            >> itself is similar.

          • Stephen Nelson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
              Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I've re-recorded my sections with
              a Snowball and moved the URL to the end.

              The result is here:

              http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/promo_2.mp3

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
                On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:46 -0500, David Smith wrote:

                I always thought Bloodthirsty Vegetarians were sort of unique. ;-)

                Then again, I can't really say since John and I are the "talent" on BV.

                I leave those comparisons to your good offices.

                Best,
                Rich...

                --
                Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com

                Robust progressive conversation shared over a bottle of good wine,
                tempered with humor and independent music.

                > > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
                > >
                > > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
                > >
                > > Rich...
                >
                > > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the
                > show
                > > > itself is similar.
                >
                > That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show.
                > On
                > the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I
                > haven't
                > heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.
                >
                > Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)
                >
                > I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that
                > somehow
                > seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of
                > them
                > is me.
                >
                > Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine --
                > half my
                > audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.
                >
                > ;-)
                >
                > Doncha love micromarkets?
              • kscolligan
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
                  Sounds pretty good.

                  It's not too close to my 'cast, content-wise, but I'd imagine there
                  might be some crossover interest. I'll slate it in for a future Well
                  Told Tales episode.

                  Cheers,
                  Kevin

                  Well Told Tales