What's the best prize package you ever gave away

  • spuhn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      The show I co-host, Should I Drink That, is in the July/August issue
      of DRAFT Magazine (go buy it, page 22). Anticipating traffic, I
      decided to go all out for a giveaway and wanted to see just how
      serious people would take us if we asked for help putting this
      together. For the first time not one person asked me what a "podcast"
      was and all were pumped because they had heard of it before. The most
      difficult part for me was working with basically 3 days to get it
      together before we recorded as this was a last minute thing.

      My question to the group is, What is the best/biggest giveaway you
      ever had? How difficult was it to put together?

      Here is what we're offering with a deadline of July 11th (feel free to
      enter at http://www.shouldidrinkthat.com)

      * 2 tickets to the 1pm - 4pm session of Beer on the Bay in Erie, PA on
      July 26th, and a Railbender t-shirt courtesy of Erie Brewing
      * 20$ gift certificate, 1 pint glass, 1 BrewErie t-shirt and stickers
      courtesy of The BrewErie
      * 1 bottle of Mazza wine, Erie PA travel guide, various Erie
      collectibles courtesy of Visit Erie
      * 2 tickets to the Erie Seawolves baseball game (7:05pm) with
      fireworks following and 2 ballcaps
      * ONE NIGHT STAY at the Avalon hotel for Saturday night stocked with a
      case of an Erie Brewing product

      cheers!
      spoon

      http://www.shouldidrinkthat.com
      Should I Drink That? beercast
      "Even if it's crap, we drink it so you don't have to!"
    • Cian Mac Mahon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
        My biggest ever giveaway was the famous (or so I like to think) 12
        Days of Christmas. Each day I gave away a signed something, relevet to
        the podcast world. Signed George hrab CDs, Scott sigler, tee Morris
        and Mur Lafferty gave me signed books to give away, lots of people
        gave me signed tshirts, and the first 11 days of the competition
        totaled near to a grand worth of goods (based on how much ebay would
        pay for each item) but thelast day was the real kicker. I know a
        castmember of the Harry Potter movies, and she gave me a copy of the
        first book signed by 4 major members of the cast.

        Crazy stuff, right there.

        I may be holding a repeat next year, if I ever recover.

        Www.viewfromthequad.com

        Cian Mac Mahon.