What's the best prize package you ever gave away
- The show I co-host, Should I Drink That, is in the July/August issue
of DRAFT Magazine (go buy it, page 22). Anticipating traffic, I
decided to go all out for a giveaway and wanted to see just how
serious people would take us if we asked for help putting this
together. For the first time not one person asked me what a "podcast"
was and all were pumped because they had heard of it before. The most
difficult part for me was working with basically 3 days to get it
together before we recorded as this was a last minute thing.
My question to the group is, What is the best/biggest giveaway you
ever had? How difficult was it to put together?
Here is what we're offering with a deadline of July 11th (feel free to
enter at http://www.shouldidrinkthat.com)
* 2 tickets to the 1pm - 4pm session of Beer on the Bay in Erie, PA on
July 26th, and a Railbender t-shirt courtesy of Erie Brewing
* 20$ gift certificate, 1 pint glass, 1 BrewErie t-shirt and stickers
courtesy of The BrewErie
* 1 bottle of Mazza wine, Erie PA travel guide, various Erie
collectibles courtesy of Visit Erie
* 2 tickets to the Erie Seawolves baseball game (7:05pm) with
fireworks following and 2 ballcaps
* ONE NIGHT STAY at the Avalon hotel for Saturday night stocked with a
case of an Erie Brewing product
Should I Drink That? beercast
"Even if it's crap, we drink it so you don't have to!"
- My biggest ever giveaway was the famous (or so I like to think) 12
Days of Christmas. Each day I gave away a signed something, relevet to
the podcast world. Signed George hrab CDs, Scott sigler, tee Morris
and Mur Lafferty gave me signed books to give away, lots of people
gave me signed tshirts, and the first 11 days of the competition
totaled near to a grand worth of goods (based on how much ebay would
pay for each item) but thelast day was the real kicker. I know a
castmember of the Harry Potter movies, and she gave me a copy of the
first book signed by 4 major members of the cast.
Crazy stuff, right there.
I may be holding a repeat next year, if I ever recover.
Cian Mac Mahon.