Re: [podcasters] Promo feedback requested

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
      Good promo! The only thing I'd suggest is to repeat the site URL at the very
      end. I thonk you'd want the URL to be the last thing they hear.

      On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephenenelson@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all...
      >
      > I've had a more-or-less unused promo for the Skeptical Viewer kicking
      > around for a while now. If anyone's interested, I'd be interested in
      > some feedback. Also looking for ideas on who might be a good podcast
      > for promo exchange-- I think of us in the "friendly skeptic" category.
      >
      > You can find the promo here:
      >
      > http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/sv_promo.mp3

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
        I think it's a great promo! It really makes me want to listen to your podcast.

        Kevin
        sisco83@...
        http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
          It was 30 Jun 2008, when Stephen Nelson commented:

          > Hello all...
          >
          > I've had a more-or-less unused promo for the Skeptical Viewer kicking
          > around for a while now. If anyone's interested, I'd be interested in some
          > feedback. Also looking for ideas on who might be a good podcast for promo
          > exchange-- I think of us in the "friendly skeptic" category.
          >
          > You can find the promo here:
          >
          > http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/sv_promo.mp3

          I agree with the thought of adding the URL to the end. Like the pace,
          though it does end rather abruptly.

          As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
          "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?

          Most on-topic exchange off the top of my head would be Steve Eley's
          Pseudopod, his horror podcast -- I mean hey, they talk about ghosts and
          whatnot. ;-)

          "It's only a Podcast... It's only a Podcast..."

          --

          Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
          Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
            On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:04 -0500, David Smith wrote:

            Hi all,

            > As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
            > "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?

            Hey David, I'm not sure what you're asking me.

            Best,
            Rich...
          • David Smith
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
              It was 1 Jul 2008, when Rich commented:

              > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:04 -0500, David Smith wrote:
              >
              > Hi all,
              >
              > > As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
              > > "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?
              >
              > Hey David, I'm not sure what you're asking me.
              >
              > Best,
              > Rich...

              Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
              Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
              itself is similar.

              --

              Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
              Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
              Stickam: <http://www.stickam.com/grizzlysgrowls>
            • Stephen Nelson
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                I think he's asking if you'll do a promo exchange with me. If so, please
                contact me off-list. :)

                Rich wrote:
                > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:04 -0500, David Smith wrote:
                >
                > Hi all,
                >

                >> As for exchanges, just from the promo, the tone sounds a bit like
                >> "Bloodthirsty Vegetarians." Rich, you up for this?
                >>

                > Hey David, I'm not sure what you're asking me.
                >
                > Best,
                > Rich...

              • Rich
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                  On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:

                  You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?

                  Rich...

                  > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
                  > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
                  > itself is similar.
                • David Smith
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                    It was 1 Jul 2008, when Rich commented:

                    > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
                    >
                    > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
                    >
                    > Rich...
                    >
                    > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
                    > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
                    > > itself is similar.

                    That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show. On
                    the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I haven't
                    heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.

                    Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)

                    I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that somehow
                    seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of them
                    is me.

                    Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine -- half my
                    audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.

                    ;-)

                    Doncha love micromarkets?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                      Tell you what. I've just subscribed to Bloodthirsty Vegetarians. If I
                      think it's a match, I'll be in touch. Looks like fun in any event.

                      On Jul 1, 2008, at 7:30 PM, Rich wrote:

                      > On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 20:24 -0500, David Smith wrote:
                      >
                      > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
                      >
                      > Rich...
                      >
                      >> Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
                      >> Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the show
                      >> itself is similar.

                    • Stephen Nelson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                        Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I've re-recorded my sections with
                        a Snowball and moved the URL to the end.

                        The result is here:

                        http://www.skepticalviewer.com/podcasts/promo_2.mp3

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
                          On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 21:46 -0500, David Smith wrote:

                          I always thought Bloodthirsty Vegetarians were sort of unique. ;-)

                          Then again, I can't really say since John and I are the "talent" on BV.

                          I leave those comparisons to your good offices.

                          Best,
                          Rich...

                          --
                          Bloodthirsty Vegetarians Podcast, www.bloodyveg.com

                          Robust progressive conversation shared over a bottle of good wine,
                          tempered with humor and independent music.

                          > > You think the tone of the Promo is like our promo, or like our show?
                          > >
                          > > > Well, listening to the promo, there's a bit of similarity in tone.
                          > >
                          > > Rich...
                          >
                          > > > Different focus. Haven't heard the show, though, no clue if the
                          > show
                          > > > itself is similar.
                          >
                          > That's my general impression, yes, that their promo is like your show.
                          > On
                          > the other hand, that's my impression from the -promo-, since I
                          > haven't
                          > heard the -show-. So it's a judgement call on your part.
                          >
                          > Which seems like what it would be anyway, so it's all good. ;-)
                          >
                          > I'd promo it to both of the people who listen to my show, but that
                          > somehow
                          > seems counterproductive. I might lose both subscribers. And one of
                          > them
                          > is me.
                          >
                          > Doing a promo for your show on mine, on the other hand, is fine --
                          > half my
                          > audience already listens, as to which I can personally attest.
                          >
                          > ;-)
                          >
                          > Doncha love micromarkets?
                        • kscolligan
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2, 2008
                            Sounds pretty good.

                            It's not too close to my 'cast, content-wise, but I'd imagine there
                            might be some crossover interest. I'll slate it in for a future Well
                            Told Tales episode.

                            Cheers,
                            Kevin

                            Well Told Tales