I find Phonecasting really interesting

  • john.marsh2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
      Hi Dear All , I am a great fan of Podcasts .I was little confused
      about phonecasting and what it exactly is but after experiancing it on
      Phonecasting.com I find it really interesting.

      John Marsh
    • Robert Becker
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
        Is anyone else starting to see this as spam?
        RDB Media
        voiceovers | imaging | creative
        http://www.rdbmedia com
        you've never sounded so good

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
          On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Robert Becker <rdbecker@...> wrote:
          > Is anyone else starting to see this as spam?

          Astroturfing, definitely. And inept astroturfing at that.
          (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing)

          Moderator?

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Kevin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
            I've never phonecasted but it seems interesting.

            Kevin
            sisco83@...
            http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
              Don't be silly, it's not spam. It's social engineering. It just does
              exactly the same thing as spam, for exactly the same purpose.

              It was 24 Jun 2008, when Robert Becker commented:

              --

              Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
              Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
                On Tue 2008-06-24 11:50:09 UTC-0400, Stephen Eley (SFEley@...) wrote:

                > On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Robert Becker <rdbecker@...> wrote:
                > > Is anyone else starting to see this as spam?
                >
                > Astroturfing, definitely. And inept astroturfing at that.
                > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing)
                >
                > Moderator?

                When I saw their first message I thought I'd give them the benefit of
                the doubt. I've since put them back on moderation.

                A reminder to everyone reading this: Please feel free to contact me
                off-list if you suspect this mailing list is being used for nefarious
                purposes ;-) I don't bite.

                Thanks,

                Regards
                Andrew