European Podcast Awards?

  • David
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hi guys,

      Anyone heard of The European Podcast Awards?

      I just got an email informing me that someone has nominated me for an
      award, but I have never heard of them!

      Here is the URL, the site certainly looks genuine!

      http://www.european-podcast-award.eu/uk/start/vote-and-win/vote-and-win.html

      What do you think?

      cheers
      David
      Dial P For Pulp!
      The Podcast For All Fans of The Pulps!
      www.dialpforpulp.com
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
        I have never heard of such a thing and I would check it out carefuly.

        Kevin
        sisco83@...
        http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

        Anyone heard of The European Podcast Awards?

        I just got an email informing me that someone has nominated me for an
        award, but I have never heard of them!

        Here is the URL, the site certainly looks genuine!

        http://www.european-podcast-award.eu/uk/start/vote-and-win/vote-and-win.html

        What do you think?

        cheers
        David
        Dial P For Pulp!
        The Podcast For All Fans of The Pulps!
        www.dialpforpulp.com

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
          On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Kevin <sisco83@...> wrote:
          > I have never heard of such a thing and I would check it out carefuly.

          Gift horse, open thy mouth?

          What's to check? Anyone can put up a website and create an award...
          and these guys include a postal address and a telephone, so if they
          never give out any awards or prizes, you know who to call. Either
          way, it's publicity for the podcasters nominated.

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author, Podcaster
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2008
            Oh I think it's a great idea, don't get me wrong.

            Kevin
            sisco83@...
            http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 24, 2008
              The sponsor (Olympus)seems to be a genuine link and if they are
              supplying the "prizes" of high quality audio gear, then it seems like
              fairly mainstream recognition!

              A shame that it is not being publicized very well! Assuming it is genuine!

              David
              www.dialpforpulp.com

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <sisco83@...> wrote:

              > Oh I think it's a great idea, don't get me wrong.
              >
              > Kevin
              > sisco83@...
              > http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco

            • David Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 24, 2008
                I actually won the Award a few years back. Had to send them my SSAN and
                bank account information. Still haven't received the money, though I keep
                checking my email.

                Or maybe that was some other European Award thingie?

                It was 23 Jun 2008, when Kevin commented:

                --

                Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
                Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 25, 2008
                  It looks really well faked, if it indeed is. I'm gonna go get my
                  listeners to enter me in anyway. Too bad there is no Ireland version...
                  Cian Mac Mahon
                  Professional Podcaster
                  Available for voice work, consulting

                  www.viewfromthequad.com
                  www.StartingWoW.com
                • Nicole Simon
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dialpforpulp@...> wrote:
                    > Anyone heard of The European Podcast Awards?

                    For anyone being interested (or nominated) - there is of course a FAQ
                    which nobody really reads. ;o)

                    And even if you would read it, it does not answer the question who is
                    behind it, it has no blog, it has not all of the european countries
                    etc etc etc.

                    As through some different channels the organizer of that award and I
                    got together, we have agreed on me helping them out with the whole
                    usual social media stuff, including having a decent blog and a 'who is
                    this' page.

                    You name it, I'm on it. ;)

                    As soon as i have familiarized myself with the setup plus the blog is
                    online and such, I will give notice here again.

                    If anyone has any more question / suggestions / etc, please feel free
                    to contact me about it.

                    ciao
                    Nicole

                    For the ones being 'newer' to the group and asking themselves 'who the
                    hell is this' Nicole Simon, 37, from L├╝beck, Germany, being around
                    this group since 2004, podcasting as well as blogging, and basically
                    known for being http://crueltobekind.org ;)