Podcast album art

  • Robert Becker
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
      This one drives me crazy. I put together what I think is a decent looking
      album art in Photoshop, but once I point Podpress to the 300x300 image file,
      it appears pixilated in the directory preview and 144x144 sections of the
      plugin. Is this normal or is there some way to get a high quality album art
      at smaller sizes? I've seen smaller images in directories that look great.
      I'm no Photoshop expert. Thanks!

      Rob

      RDB Media
      voiceovers | imaging | creative
      http://www.rdbmedia. com <http://www.rdbmedia.%20com>
      you've never sounded so good

    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
        I'll jump in on this one, since I am a graphic designer by trade. Do you
        have a link to your artwork? I suspect it's pretty complex and sometimes
        that doesn't interpolate down right.

        On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Robert Becker <rdbecker@...> wrote:

        > This one drives me crazy. I put together what I think is a decent
        > looking
        > album art in Photoshop, but once I point Podpress to the 300x300 image
        > file,
        > it appears pixilated in the directory preview and 144x144 sections of the
        > plugin. Is this normal or is there some way to get a high quality album art
        > at smaller sizes? I've seen smaller images in directories that look great.
        > I'm no Photoshop expert. Thanks!
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > RDB Media
        > voiceovers | imaging | creative
        > http://www.rdbmedia. com <http://www.rdbmedia.%20com>
        > you've never sounded so good

        Laura Ross

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        http://coffeeandteashow.com
        NEW Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
        Skype: coffeeandteashow
        coffeeandteashow@...

        Rocky Horror Pod Show
        http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        NEW Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
        rockypod@...
        Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

      • Robert Becker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
          (I sent this earlier via my business e-mail address, but it seems to have
          disappeared into the abyss.)

          What would you like to see? The PSD or the PNG version? Would you mind if
          I e-mailed them to you? Neither of my websites are live yet.

          coffeeandteashow@... <mailto:coffeeandteashow%40gmail.com>

          Rocky Horror Pod Show
          http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
          NEW Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
          rockypod@... <mailto:rockypod%40aim.com>
          Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

        • Shawn Thorpe
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
            On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Robert Becker <rdbecker@...> wrote:

            > (I sent this earlier via my business e-mail address, but it seems to
            > have
            > disappeared into the abyss.)
            >
            > What would you like to see? The PSD or the PNG version? Would you mind if
            > I e-mailed them to you? Neither of my websites are live yet.
            >
            > Rob
            >
            > RDB Media
            > voiceovers | imaging | creative
            > http://www.rdbmedia. com <http://www.rdbmedia.%20com>
            > you've never sounded so good
            >

            > ._,_._,___

            I've found it to be a good idea to use Photoshop's "save for web" command
            when creating images for the Internet. Just in case you're not already
            doing it that way.

            --
            -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
            Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

            Shawnogram - Content = life.
            http://www.shawnogram.com/

            Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
            http://www.phantompower.org/

          • Robert Becker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
              Sean,

              That's exactly what I've been doing. I'm no expert in this arena.I suspect
              there's something easy that I'm missing here. Thanks for the reply.

              <http://www.rdbmedia.%20com> http://www.rdbmedia. com
              you've never sounded so good

              I've found it to be a good idea to use Photoshop's "save for web" command
              when creating images for the Internet. Just in case you're not already
              doing it that way.

              --
              -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
              Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California
              http://www.hypernonsense.com/

              Shawnogram - Content = life.
              http://www.shawnogram.com/

              Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
              http://www.phantompower.org/

              Messages
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters/message/36730;_ylc=X3oDMTM3aG00Z2Z
              tBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNjQ4MTA1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNDcyNgRtc2dJZAMzNjc
              zNARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMTQwODQyOTgEdHBjSWQDMzY3MzA-> in this
              topic (4)
              MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNjQ4MTA1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNDcyNgRtc2dJZAMzNjczNARzZWMD
              ZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMTQwODQyOTg-?act=reply&messageNum=36734> Reply
              (via web post) | Start
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdG8zaDM1BF9TAzk3
              MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNjQ4MTA1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNDcyNgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBj
              BHN0aW1lAzEyMTQwODQyOTg-> a new topic

              Messages
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZWs5bWRnBF9T
              Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNjQ4MTA1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNDcyNgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNt
              c2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMTQwODQyOTg-> | Members
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZTBwazkzBF9TA
              zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNjQ4MTA1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNDcyNgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtY
              nJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMTQwODQyOTg->

            • Flyswatter
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
                Sure, go ahead.