Re: [podcasters] Soundproofing: the box option

  • Dan Kuykendall
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2008
      I had explained mine ages ago
      http://www.mightyseek.com/podcast_setup

      --
      Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
      http://www.mightyseek.com

      The ultimate security is your understanding of reality.
    • Judefan
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2008
        Here is the way I took the soundproofing booth:

        http://lovehouseradio.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=82378

        Kept it on the cheap with everything coming from Target - trash can and foam
        bedding mat. I used it for a while but to me it actually did too good of a
        job in deadening the sound- almost made it too dead to where I had to add a
        little echo via the mixer or editing software to make it sound more
        natural. that and the fact that if you are trying to read anything it is
        hard to do with you head in front of a trash can- but with the curve on the
        front it seemed to block more of the background echo.

        Just thought I would add my crazy addition.

        PDL

        On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Dan Kuykendall <dan@...> wrote:

        > I had explained mine ages ago
        > http://www.mightyseek.com/podcast_setup
        >

        > sethharwoodpodcast wrote:
        > >

        > > Hey guys,
        > >
        > > I know a while back someone made a video online about how to build a
        > > soundproofing box
        > > for podcasting. I watched it and went with my own option for
        > > soundproofing, but now I'd like
        > > to show it to a friend who's new to the game.
        > >
        > > Anyone know anything about this video? Or where I can get good
        > > instructions for building a
        > > cheap, easy soundproof box to record with?
        > >
        > > Seth
        > > Jack Palms Crime
        >
        > --
        > Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
        > http://www.mightyseek.com
        >
        > The ultimate security is your understanding of reality.

        --
        P.D. Love
        The DaddyCast - http://www.TheDaddyCast.com