Re: Feedback PSA

  • thejabbercast
    Message 1 of 15 , May 29, 2008
      Well, if everyone is on the same page & we all do it equal, I think everyone should agree
      whether or we would actually put our podcast name in the PSA, I don't think it would hurt
      to say who u r & the name of yer show in the PSA, you know, like I am Bob Bobblehead
      from blahblahblah podcast & I hope or I think.... etc etc... u get the idea. Either that or
      everyone agree not to state anything..... either way, it's the PSA that is the important part,
      but long as your ID in it is short, why not?

      In fact... I myself would not be opposed to each other making ID's to post so that other
      podcasters could share & play other podcasters show ID's. That would be cool. We are all
      in this thing together & could help each other out with notoriety,,,, why not? I will play
      other podcasters ID's, send me them... :-)

      And since we are on all that... I do an interview show & would love to interview some
      podcasters who have things to say about podcasting, incl Nobilis & this PSA movement. If
      some of u r interested.... I guess I will hear.

      BigJD

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Some of them ask you for donations, some of them ask you to buy their
      > stuff, some of them ask for votes, but there's one thing nearly all of
      > them appreciate, and that's feedback.
      > It can be hard to give a podcaster feedback. Many of you are
      > listening in the car, or on the job, or working out, or doing chores.
      > It can be difficult to remember to send feedback when you won't be
      > near a phone or a computer for an hour or more after listening to the
      > show, and so often one show just blurs into the next.
      >
      > Sometimes you don't feel like you have anything meaningful to say. I
      > can relate to that... sometimes I feel that way when I'm recording my
      > show. But let me tell you, the podcaster whose work you're listening
      > to right now doesn't care if you're contributing some great
      > observation to the global consciousness. He or she just wants to hear
      > from you, even if all you say is, "I'm a listener, and I like what I
      > hear."
      >
      > So try this. Once a month, sit down with your podcatcher, whether
      > it's iTunes or Juice, or the list of links in your browser, and scroll
      > through your list of podcasts. Pick out a dozen or so that you feel
      > have given you something valuable, whether it's a moment of joy or a
      > sparkle of truth or a cathartic tear, and tell them. Make a comment
      > on the website, send in an email, or make an audio comment—whatever
      > works for you. Think of it like paying the monthly podcasting bill.
      > And the best part is, paying this bill won't drain your bank account.
      >
      > The true wonder of podcasting is that the people who produce them ARE
      > so incredibly accessible. They're just ordinary folks like me and
      > you. Well... except for Tee Morris. But that's neither here nor
      > there. My point is that we want to hear what you have to say, even if
      > it's just a few words of encouragement.
      > Thank you for your time*, and remember—in order for us to be attention
      > whores, we do need to get paid once in a while!
      >
      > *****************
      >
      > *I've created a "clean" version that ends at the word "time"
      >
      > Will it work? I have no idea. I figure it's worth a try.
      >
      > Here's where you can download them:
      >
      > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA.mp3
      > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA_clean.mp3
      >
      > Feel free to use either of these, if you're of a mind to. They're
      > approximately 2:30 in length, which may be a bit long for some
      > formats.
      >
      > In no way do I feel any sort of proprietary interest over this
      > "monthly feedback session" idea; feel free to make the request in your
      > own way. Perhaps we can create a collection of similar requests and
      > trade them around.
      >
      > Anyways, here you go.
      >

      > --
      > Weekly erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player -- subscribe to
      > Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
      > -----
      > "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"

    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 15 , May 29, 2008
        Well, as a PSA, I suppose the idea is you know who you're listening to.
        Or you ought to. So, if the person you're listening to is speaking
        intelligently, you go looking for More Stuff from that intelligent and
        articulate individual.

        And if you don't go looking, no harm done. Anyway, I have both versions
        downloaded. I will probably play the Unclean version (he said, holding up
        his fingers in the sign of the cross, and chanting, "Unclean! Unclean!")
        So, if they come looking for Nobilis, or ask me how to find More Stuff
        from Nobilis, it ain't my fault. ;-)

        It was 29 May 2008, when Nobilis commented:

        --

        Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>