Re: [podcasters] Feedback PSA

  • Erk Pod
    Message 1 of 15 , May 28, 2008
      This is an excellent idea!

      On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Some of them ask you for donations, some of them ask you to buy their
      > stuff, some of them ask for votes, but there's one thing nearly all of
      > them appreciate, and that's feedback.
      > It can be hard to give a podcaster feedback. Many of you are
      > listening in the car, or on the job, or working out, or doing chores.
      > It can be difficult to remember to send feedback when you won't be
      > near a phone or a computer for an hour or more after listening to the
      > show, and so often one show just blurs into the next.
      >
      > Sometimes you don't feel like you have anything meaningful to say. I
      > can relate to that... sometimes I feel that way when I'm recording my
      > show. But let me tell you, the podcaster whose work you're listening
      > to right now doesn't care if you're contributing some great
      > observation to the global consciousness. He or she just wants to hear
      > from you, even if all you say is, "I'm a listener, and I like what I
      > hear."
      >
      > So try this. Once a month, sit down with your podcatcher, whether
      > it's iTunes or Juice, or the list of links in your browser, and scroll
      > through your list of podcasts. Pick out a dozen or so that you feel
      > have given you something valuable, whether it's a moment of joy or a
      > sparkle of truth or a cathartic tear, and tell them. Make a comment
      > on the website, send in an email, or make an audio comment�whatever
      > works for you. Think of it like paying the monthly podcasting bill.
      > And the best part is, paying this bill won't drain your bank account.
      >
      > The true wonder of podcasting is that the people who produce them ARE
      > so incredibly accessible. They're just ordinary folks like me and
      > you. Well... except for Tee Morris. But that's neither here nor
      > there. My point is that we want to hear what you have to say, even if
      > it's just a few words of encouragement.
      > Thank you for your time*, and remember�in order for us to be attention
      > whores, we do need to get paid once in a while!
      >
      > *****************
      >
      > *I've created a "clean" version that ends at the word "time"
      >
      > Will it work? I have no idea. I figure it's worth a try.
      >
      > Here's where you can download them:
      >
      > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA.mp3
      > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA_clean.mp3
      >
      > Feel free to use either of these, if you're of a mind to. They're
      > approximately 2:30 in length, which may be a bit long for some
      > formats.
      >
      > In no way do I feel any sort of proprietary interest over this
      > "monthly feedback session" idea; feel free to make the request in your
      > own way. Perhaps we can create a collection of similar requests and
      > trade them around.
      >
      > Anyways, here you go.
      >

      > --
      > Weekly erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player -- subscribe to
      > Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
      > -----
      > "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"

      Erk

      Erk Pod: all Erk, all the time ..... and then some!
      Sydney, Australia
      http://www.erkpod.com.au

    • stark2k
      Message 2 of 15 , May 29, 2008
        Nobilis,

        I think this is a very good idea. I could see maybe a format for these for other podcasters to
        do as well. If enough podcast producers use this at the end of their podcast, then I think we
        would all see an increase in feedback.

        I for one shall either use yours or maybe record one myself.

        Good work!

        Colin.
      • Rick Stringer
        Message 3 of 15 , May 29, 2008
          That is great Nobilis. Nice job.

          Rick
          ___________________________
          Parsec Award Winner 2006 & 2007
          Variant Frequencies Podcast
          http://www.variantfrequencies.com
          The Failed Cities Monologues
          http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

          On May 28, 2008, at 11:50 PM, Nobilis wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > Here's where you can download them:
          >
          > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA.mp3
          > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA_clean.mp3
          >
          > Feel free to use either of these, if you're of a mind to. They're
          > approximately 2:30 in length, which may be a bit long for some
          > formats.
          >
          > In no way do I feel any sort of proprietary interest over this
          > "monthly feedback session" idea; feel free to make the request in your
          > own way. Perhaps we can create a collection of similar requests and
          > trade them around.
          >
          > Anyways, here you go.
          >

          > --
          > Weekly erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player -- subscribe to
          > Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
          > -----
          > "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"

        • Ellie Lumpesse
          Message 4 of 15 , May 29, 2008
            Great job, Nobilis, I am considering using this!

            Thanks,
            Ellie

            Blog - Lumpesse.com
            Podcast - BedroomRadio.blogspot.com
            Snark - Junkbuzzed.com
            Smut - Ellierotic.com

          • LB
            Message 5 of 15 , May 29, 2008
              Nobilis,

              Great idea, thanks!
              Linda
              podnla.com

[...]

              www.podnLA.com

              Linda

            • Brains Matter
              Message 6 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                Good stuff!

                OG

                --
                Brains Matter Podcast
                Melbourne, Australia

                On 29/05/2008, at 1:50 PM, Nobilis wrote:

> [...]
                >
                > Here's where you can download them:
                >
                > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA.mp3
                > http://media.libsyn.com/media/nobilis/FeedbackPSA_clean.mp3
                >
                > Feel free to use either of these, if you're of a mind to. They're
                > approximately 2:30 in length, which may be a bit long for some
                > formats.
                >
                > In no way do I feel any sort of proprietary interest over this
                > "monthly feedback session" idea; feel free to make the request in your
                > own way. Perhaps we can create a collection of similar requests and
                > trade them around.
                >
                > Anyways, here you go.
                >

                > --
                > Weekly erotica served up on your ipod or mp3 player -- subscribe to
                > Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
                > -----
                > "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"

              • David Smith
                Message 7 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                  I shall probably do the same. I downloaded both, but I think the
                  "unclean" version will work just fine for my audience. I also could see a
                  series of these from various podcasters.

                  It was 29 May 2008, when LB commented:

                  Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
                  Twitter: <https://twitter.com/grizzlysgrowls>
                • Nobilis
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                    On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote:
                    > I shall probably do the same. I downloaded both, but I think the
                    > "unclean" version will work just fine for my audience. I also could see a
                    > series of these from various podcasters.

                    I would love to see that. We could run a different one every week.

                    -----
                    "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"
                    in print and ebook: http://www.lulu.com/content/2445662
                  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                      On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Nobilis <authornobilis@...> wrote:
                      > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote:
                      >> I shall probably do the same. I downloaded both, but I think the
                      >> "unclean" version will work just fine for my audience. I also could see a
                      >> series of these from various podcasters.

                      Sean McGaughey from the "For the Sake of the Song" podcast is already
                      doing something very similar -- he sent me his promo for "K7 Days,"
                      but I don't have a direct link -- Sean, are you on this list?

                      Anyway, I'll be playing it on the next Sonitotum
                      (http://www.mattselznick.com/sonitotum) (Nobilis' will be next, since
                      I received Sean's first) so you can all check it out.

                      --
                      Matthew Wayne Selznick
                      Author, Podcaster
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                        I meant to reply, not start a NEW topic, so, u may get this twice, sorry....

                        May I also suggest more of us do the same so we can all interchange & add them to our
                        shows. We can post like Nobilis, or if everyone would like some type of web page set up I
                        would be willing to do that if ya all want to submit your PSA's to me.... I will collect and
                        post
                        the list of them for downloading.... complete with author info. Anyway, just offering to
                        help.
                        Either way, I hope it catches on....

                        Thanx, BigJD
                        thejabbercast.com

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                          It was 29 May 2008, when Nobilis commented:

                          > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote: > I
                          > shall probably do the same. I downloaded both, but I think the > "unclean"
                          > version will work just fine for my audience. I also could see a > series
                          > of these from various podcasters.
                          >
                          > I would love to see that. We could run a different one every week.

                          True, and it'd convey the community of podcasters that already exists, and
                          that there's a whole culture of podcasting, and that folks who comment
                          become part of that culture.

                          Maybe some central location to exchange these PSAs would be a good idea?
                          Works nicely as a specifically-motivated promo exchange, too. Not that
                          there's anything wrong with that. ;-)

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                            I don't want to say anything about what anyone else should or
                            shouldn't do, but I specifically did NOT talk about my own podcast in
                            this recording because I didn't want it to be mistaken for a promo.

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                              Well, if everyone is on the same page & we all do it equal, I think everyone should agree
                              whether or we would actually put our podcast name in the PSA, I don't think it would hurt
                              to say who u r & the name of yer show in the PSA, you know, like I am Bob Bobblehead
                              from blahblahblah podcast & I hope or I think.... etc etc... u get the idea. Either that or
                              everyone agree not to state anything..... either way, it's the PSA that is the important part,
                              but long as your ID in it is short, why not?

                              In fact... I myself would not be opposed to each other making ID's to post so that other
                              podcasters could share & play other podcasters show ID's. That would be cool. We are all
                              in this thing together & could help each other out with notoriety,,,, why not? I will play
                              other podcasters ID's, send me them... :-)

                              And since we are on all that... I do an interview show & would love to interview some
                              podcasters who have things to say about podcasting, incl Nobilis & this PSA movement. If
                              some of u r interested.... I guess I will hear.

                              BigJD

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 29, 2008
                                Well, as a PSA, I suppose the idea is you know who you're listening to.
                                Or you ought to. So, if the person you're listening to is speaking
                                intelligently, you go looking for More Stuff from that intelligent and
                                articulate individual.

                                And if you don't go looking, no harm done. Anyway, I have both versions
                                downloaded. I will probably play the Unclean version (he said, holding up
                                his fingers in the sign of the cross, and chanting, "Unclean! Unclean!")
                                So, if they come looking for Nobilis, or ask me how to find More Stuff
                                from Nobilis, it ain't my fault. ;-)