Re: Google indexing incoming links

  • nycedeli
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2008
      Hi Matt,
      Thanks for your reply.

      Yes, I had used the method you wrote about regarding Google. Also my
      blog is WordPress and WP tracks incoming links. So far none of these
      links have shown up on my WordPress "incoming links" category, so
      that's why I'm wondering what the deal is.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Matt McGee <matt@...> wrote:

      > What makes you think Google hasn't crawled the links?
      >
      > If you're looking for them by doing a [link:yourdomain.com] command on
      > Google, don't bother. Google shows only a very small portion of the
      > links they know about via that command.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > On May 11, 2008, at 3:28 PM, nycedeli wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > > I've done a few interviews with people who have web sites with a much
      > > higher page rank than mine. When the interview (podcast) got
      > > published, they put a short item on their blogs announcing the
      > > interview with a link back to my blog. In four separate cases (four
      > > different interviews in different months), Google hasn't indexed these
      > > links.
      > >
      > > Can anyone give me a possible explanation why? The URL that the people
      > > have put on their blogs is correct but it's as though it is invisible
      > > to Google. What gives?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance for any advice.

      > ______________________
      > Matt McGee, @U2
      > http://www.atu2.com

    • Matt McGee
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2008
        The WP incoming links is just a scrape from Google blogsearch
        (assuming you've upgraded to WP 2.5; it's from Technorati for all
        versions before that, I think), and I also find that some of my
        inbound links never show up on the blog dashboard. Don't know why that
        is....sorry I can't help with that part. :-(

        m2

        On May 11, 2008, at 3:58 PM, nycedeli wrote:

        > Hi Matt,
        > Thanks for your reply.
        >
        > Yes, I had used the method you wrote about regarding Google. Also my
        > blog is WordPress and WP tracks incoming links. So far none of these
        > links have shown up on my WordPress "incoming links" category, so
        > that's why I'm wondering what the deal is.
        >

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Matt McGee <matt@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> What makes you think Google hasn't crawled the links?
        >>
        >> If you're looking for them by doing a [link:yourdomain.com] command
        >> on
        >> Google, don't bother. Google shows only a very small portion of the
        >> links they know about via that command.
        >>
        >> Hope this helps.
        >>
        >> Matt
        >>
        >> On May 11, 2008, at 3:28 PM, nycedeli wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi all,
        >>> I've done a few interviews with people who have web sites with a
        >>> much
        >>> higher page rank than mine. When the interview (podcast) got
        >>> published, they put a short item on their blogs announcing the
        >>> interview with a link back to my blog. In four separate cases (four
        >>> different interviews in different months), Google hasn't indexed
        >>> these
        >>> links.
        >>>
        >>> Can anyone give me a possible explanation why? The URL that the
        >>> people
        >>> have put on their blogs is correct but it's as though it is
        >>> invisible
        >>> to Google. What gives?
        >>>
        >>> Thanks in advance for any advice.

        >> ______________________
        >> Matt McGee, @U2
        >> http://www.atu2.com

        Matt McGee, @U2
        http://www.atu2.com
      • Derek Colanduno
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 2008
          Also,

          Setup your site to have a Google Site Map file and submit that link to
          Google. The spider loves to have those maps and you will start to see
          that Google Bot spider in your logs quite a bit more that way. :)

          D.