Chicago Area Podcasters Network Meets May 21

  • L.T. Hanlon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2008
      A suburban couple who have been podcasting for nearly three years will reveal the secrets
      of their success at a free meeting of the Chicago Area Podcasters Network at 7 p.m.
      Wednesday, May 21, at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave.

      Every two weeks since 2005, Arlington Heights residents Lisa and Joe Lynn have been
      chronicling their forays to Chicago-area restaurants, entertainment venues and more on
      the "<a href="http://cheapdateshow.com">Cheap Date Show</a>." They've also
      expanded into video podcasts; a recent episode documented Lisa's secret family recipe for
      apple butter.

      In addition to their long-running "Cheap Date Show" podcast, the Lynns host and produce
      "Discover Woodfield," a guide to suburban cuisine and activities sponsored by The
      Woodfield Chicago Northwest Convention Bureau.

      The meeting also will feature advice from other Podcasters Network members on choosing
      recording equipment, editing programs and hosting services. Digital recorders and
      microphones used to create podcasts will be displayed, and the meeting will finish off with
      a question-and-answer period and a drawing for a free copy of "The Business Podcasting
      Book: Launching, Marketing and Measuring Your Podcast."

      For more information, visit the <a href="http://ChicagoPodcast.org">Chicago Area
      Podcasters Network</a>.
    • Shelly
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2008
        "A suburban couple". That's just such a funny way to describe Joe and Lisa.
        It is true. I just never thought of them as a "suburban couple". That's like
        in the paper when someone is described as "a single mom", "a Chicago man",
        or "a quiet guy, kind of a loner". No wait, bad analogy.

        Joe and Lisa are extremely talented podcasters with a real gift for engaging
        their listeners. They are also two of the nicest people you'll meet in
        podcasting. And I'm not just saying that because Joe sent me Frango mints.
        Go listen to em.

        -shelly

        --
        Shelly Brisbin, podcast juggernaut