Best headphones?

  • Stephen Nelson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2008
      I've just blown out the bass on one of the channels on my Sennheiser
      HD 280 Pro headphones to my great sadness. (Note to all would-be
      skeptical investigators out there-- don't do infrasound experiments
      with your good headphones. I'm not entirely clear on what I was
      thinking.) Obviously, I'll need to get them fixed, but I'll also need
      to be getting myself some new ones in the interim.

      Now, I'm sure no one on this list would have a strong opinion about
      headphones, right? But I just thought I'd ask.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2008
        On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephenenelson@...> wrote:

        > Now, I'm sure no one on this list would have a strong opinion about
        > headphones, right? But I just thought I'd ask.

        I see another pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros in your future. I
        understand that better headphones do exist, but I don't know of any in
        the sub-$500 range, and I've never gotten to hear them.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Nobilis
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2008
          We got some Sennheiser 201's for VERY cheap on ebay this week. I like
          them a great deal.

          On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
          > On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Stephen Nelson <stephenenelson@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Now, I'm sure no one on this list would have a strong opinion about
          >> headphones, right? But I just thought I'd ask.
          >
          > I see another pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros in your future. I
          > understand that better headphones do exist, but I don't know of any in
          > the sub-$500 range, and I've never gotten to hear them.
          >

          > --
          > Have Fun,
          > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
          > http://www.escapepod.org

          -----
          "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"
          in print: http://www.lulu.com/content/2445662
          in ebook: http://www.lulu.com/content/2087234