Podcast-Pro Royalty free music backgrounds and sound effects.

  • beatdock
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2008
      Podcast-Pro
      Royalty free music backgrounds and sound effects.

      With over 400 music backgrounds and 2500
      sound effects, professional Podcasting was never so easy to create.

      Podcast-Pro is a premiere music background and sound effects library ideal for professional
      podcating or Videoasting.

      It contains over 400 professionally produced music backgrounds and over 2500 outstanding
      sound effects giving you all the essential tools to create professional Podcasts or any other
      media project.

      Benefit today and get access to over 400 TOP QUALITY MUSIC tracks and over 2500 sound
      effects and save hundreds of dollars as this products usually sells for $499.00 now you can
      get it for
      ONLY $47.99

      Please visit : http://www.beats4podcast.com/ and preview all our great music.
    • Martin McKeay
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2008
        Okay Beatdock, don't take this the wrong way, but as a security
        professional, I take one look at your email and your web page and my
        paranoia sense kicks into high gear. The email comes across as spam, plain
        and simple. I'd say it's inappropriate for this list, but I'm not the one
        who makes that sort of call (is there anyone that does?). Offering
        something for $48 that usually costs 10x as much makes me think 'pirated
        software', a bait and switch to get contact information and credit card
        numbers. Your web page only furthers this assessment, looking like
        something someone banged out in fifteen minutes on Frontpage or something
        similar. There aren't any links out or malware on the site that I found,
        but it still looks more than a little suspicious, especially when you add in
        the other indicators I mentioned.

        I'm sorry if this is a legitimate offer and a legit business. You'll want
        to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have someone create a better site if
        this is legit. You'll also want to post more information about your company
        and exactly what it is you do, how you can offer this sort of software so
        cheaply, and generally make your site look more professional. You probably
        shouldn't spam this list either, unless you're contributing more than just
        'buy my stuff' emails.

        Please let me know how I'm wrong. I'll take a lack of response as
        verification of my suspicions.

        Martin

        Martin McKeay, CISSP, GSNA
        Host of the Network Security Blog <http://www.mckeay.net>
        and the Network Security Podcast <http://netsecpodcast.com>
        Email: martin@...
        YIM: mmckeay@...
        TwitterID: mckeay
        (W) 707-495-7926

        On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:42 AM, beatdock <beatdock@...> wrote:

        > Podcast-Pro
        > Royalty free music backgrounds and sound effects.
        >
        > With over 400 music backgrounds and 2500
        > sound effects, professional Podcasting was never so easy to create.
        >
        > Podcast-Pro is a premiere music background and sound effects library ideal
        > for professional
        > podcating or Videoasting.
        >
        > It contains over 400 professionally produced music backgrounds and over
        > 2500 outstanding
        > sound effects giving you all the essential tools to create professional
        > Podcasts or any other
        > media project.
        >
        > Benefit today and get access to over 400 TOP QUALITY MUSIC tracks and over
        > 2500 sound
        > effects and save hundreds of dollars as this products usually sells for
        > $499.00 now you can
        > get it for
        > ONLY $47.99
        >
        > Please visit : http://www.beats4podcast.com/ and preview all our great
        > music.

      • Richard Amirault
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2008
          From: "Martin McKeay"
          (snip)
          > I'm sorry if this is a legitimate offer and a legit business. You'll want
          > to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have someone create a better site
          > if
          > this is legit. You'll also want to post more information about your
          > company
          > and exactly what it is you do, how you can offer this sort of software so
          > cheaply, and generally make your site look more professional. You
          > probably
          > shouldn't spam this list either, unless you're contributing more than just
          > 'buy my stuff' emails.
          (snip)

          AND ... there is no indication on the website on what *format* these audio
          files are in. Are they wav or mp3 or ??

          Richard Amirault
          Boston, MA, USA
          http://n1jdu.org
          http://bostonfandom.org
        • deepfraught
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2008
            The page source shows a Rapidweaver theme used. Rapidweaver is
            described as Mac exclusive software.
            http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

            It looks like a spam-lite version of the BeatDock.com site it is
            linking the media from. The beatdock.com site articles look like an
            auto-gen copy/paste that has failed to replicate formatting marks from
            wherever it was sourced.

            Both their contact pages are the same unidentified forms, but
            BeatDock.com about page notes Don Taylor as the CEO. The photo used
            there looks like this same Don Taylor biography here:
            http://www.mevio.com/music/?artist_id=5029
            The license agreement does note an exception for free use of the music
            in Greece or Cyprus. Perhaps if legit Don Taylor wants to maintain
            exclusive rights there?

            The original email post to us was from BeatDock with mail address
            BeatDock@... so I suppose if this is legit, we will hear Don Taylor
            introduce himself and provide some better creds to answer your
            questions Martin :)

            David
            (deepfraught)