Re: Skype - me in one channel, my interviewee in another - how to

  • morvenwestfield
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2008
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?"
      <wtc@...> wrote:

      > I use MX Skype Recorder in Windows to do this for our multi-ended
      > podcast recording (each episode of WhatTheCast is done via Skype
      > conference call).
      >
      > The utility can record your mic in one channel and the other call
      > participants in the other channel. You can separate this into two
      > mono tracks in editing then work your post-production magic.

      I am a complete newbie when it comes to podcasting, but I was able to
      install and use the trial version of MX Skype Recorder for Windows
      and record a 5-minute conversation with a friend. (The trial version
      limits you to 5 minutes.) I then opened it in Audacity, another tool
      I had just downloaded and knew nothing about. I split it in two, and
      had two separate tracks that I could play with.

      So, if a complete noob like me can figure it out, I'd say it's fairly
      simple ;-) And the cost of MX Skype Recorder is something like
      $15US, I think. Well worth it, in my humble opinion.

      Morven

      www.morvenwestfield.com
      www.myspace.com/morvenwestfield