"The 10 best podcasts on the Internet" includes the Amateur Traveler

  • chris2x
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 9:16 PM
      Best Life Magazine, a men's magazine, just named a list of the "The 10 best podcasts on the
      Internet".

      In addition to two from NPR, the TED conference,the economist, they named the Amateur
      Traveler. Cool.

      ---

      Chris Christensen created "Amateur Traveler," a weekly hour-long audio and video podcast,
      to keep you as far away from tourists wearing jean shorts and Big Johnson T-shirts as
      possible. Each episode explores world destinations with guidebook writers, journalists, and
      veteran nomads. You'll learn the best place to find lobster paella in Barcelona, how to
      motorbike through India, and where to go for a far-flung family vacation. Whet your
      wanderlust by scrolling through the archive of more than 125 past broadcasts.

      http://www.bestlifeonline.com/cms/publish/travel-leisure/Free_Speech.shtml
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 9:25 PM
        On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:16 AM, chris2x <chris2x@...> wrote:
        > Best Life Magazine, a men's magazine, just named a list of the "The 10 best podcasts on the
        > Internet".

        Congratulations! That's very cool. Looks like they weren't trying to
        focus on indie podcasters either. You definitely got someone's
        attention.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22 9:33 PM
          On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:16 PM, chris2x <chris2x@...> wrote:
          > Best Life Magazine, a men's magazine, just named a list of the "The 10 best
          > podcasts on the
          > Internet".

          Bravo, Chris! I'm a belated new listener, myself!

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Podcaster, Author
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23 7:27 PM
            Congratulations Chris!

            I completely agree with them,. You have a fantastic show that often
            makes me want to hop on a plane to retrace the steps of you and many
            of your guests!

            All the best,

            Andrew
            Andrew Darlow