Re: [podcasters] My Ex Sued Me For Doing a Podcast About Divorce

  • Nobilis
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
      On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:28 PM, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote:

      > FWIW, on my state's employment website, my online resume includes a link
      > to my podcast. If it'd be a bad influence on employability, it's a bit
      > too late now. But I do seem to get a lot more contacts about jobs these
      > days, so perhaps it's a Good Thing.

      Personally, I think a lot of employers, especially in IT, either
      already or soon will be considering many "scandalous" activities
      unimportant.

      They care about things that affect the bottom line... that's all.

      -----
      Listen to "A Foolish World" by Ann Regentin for free:
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/a-foolish-world/
    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
        It was 3 Apr 2008, when Brian Richardson - WhatTheCas commented:

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
          I've always considered my blog and my podcasts to be part of a career
          building exercise, so there's not much contained in them that I'd be afraid
          of a potential boss finding. As a matter of fact, I got one job last year
          directly because of my blogging and podcasting. It didn't work out in the
          long run, but both exercises are still essential to my long term career
          growth.

          Martin

          Martin McKeay, CISSP, GSNA
          Host of the Network Security Blog <http://www.mckeay.net>