Re: [podcasters] Re: Producers, how do you count your stats?

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 3, 2008
      On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:41 AM, simplyrik <simplyRik@...> wrote:
      > I am only tracking my site states with some powerful tools over at
      > www.google.com/analytics
      >
      > I'm sure there is a way to configure it for something like this, just haven't looked into it.

      Google Analytics does a great job of reporting traffic patterns to
      your Web site. Not MP3 downloads. It can't track media downloads,
      because it relies on Javascript code embedded in your pages and run by
      the visitor's browser. You can't put that in an MP3 file.

      They're different stats, and you need different tools for that.

      http://www.escapepod.org