My Ex Sued Me For Doing a Podcast About Divorce

  • Laurie and Laurie
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
      <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000199/> "Enough! Alright. This one time,
      this one time I'll let you ask me about my affairs..." -Michael Corleone

      Laurie & Laurie talk about the future of DivorcingDaze, just this once.
      He heard, he sued, and now, since the judge has ruled, we can tell the
      story.
      If you cannot hear the podcast from this message directly, you can go to
      DivorcingDaze.com <http://www.divorcingdaze.com> or listen and
      subscribe on iTunes by clicking here: DivorcingDaze on iTunes
      <http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=152488\
      986>

      Click on the red button.

      Write soon: chat@.... <mailto:chat@...>

      [Play Now]
      <http://media.libsyn.com/media/divorcingdaze/DivorcingDaze_57.mp3>

    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
        I have similar issues with "Building a Better Dave" nothing better than finding out your girlfriends daughter googles you and found the "Masturbation should be an Olympic sport" episode. I also had my girlfriends ex-boyfriend give her a call when I mentioned that we had enjoyed a "discussion" its amazing who listens. You will be surprised. I will be joining the work force at the end of the year (I graduate from college) and I hope future employers don't do too many google searches.

        Dave Jackson
        www.betterdave.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
          You are sick... sick man... oh ah um... is it time to go home yet?

          --
          Mike Wills

          Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com

        • Nobilis
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
            On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM, David Jackson <jacksongei@...> wrote:
            > I have similar issues with "Building a Better Dave" nothing better than finding out your girlfriends daughter googles you and found the "Masturbation should be an Olympic sport" episode. I also had my girlfriends ex-boyfriend give her a call when I mentioned that we had enjoyed a "discussion" its amazing who listens. You will be surprised. I will be joining the work force at the end of the year (I graduate from college) and I hope future employers don't do too many google searches.

            They do.

            A thorough search will penetrate my pseudonym, but a casual one shouldn't.
          • Steve Sergeant
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
              At 4:07 PM -0400 4/3/08, David Jackson wrote:
              >I hope future employers don't do too many google searches.

              As a former hiring manager at a large multi-national corporation, I
              can confidently say: You should count on it.

              See: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml

              As one of many credible sources.
            • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
                On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 4:54 pm, Steve Sergeant wrote:
                > As a former hiring manager at a large multi-national corporation, I
                > can confidently say: You should count on it.
                >
                > See:
                > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml

                We talked about this exact thing on the last episode of WhatTheCast
                (Episode 33). I think having this type of information on a blog or
                podcast (where it can be picked up my a search engine) is equivalent to
                disclosing information to an employer during an interview.

                Bottom line: free speech means people are also free to hear your words &
                read your speech, so make sure you own up to what you say :)
                --
                Brian Richardson
                - http://whatthecast.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
                  On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:28 PM, David Smith <dbsmith01@...> wrote:

                  > FWIW, on my state's employment website, my online resume includes a link
                  > to my podcast. If it'd be a bad influence on employability, it's a bit
                  > too late now. But I do seem to get a lot more contacts about jobs these
                  > days, so perhaps it's a Good Thing.

                  Personally, I think a lot of employers, especially in IT, either
                  already or soon will be considering many "scandalous" activities
                  unimportant.

                  They care about things that affect the bottom line... that's all.

                  -----
                  Listen to "A Foolish World" by Ann Regentin for free:
                  http://www.podiobooks.com/title/a-foolish-world/
                • David Smith
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
                    It was 3 Apr 2008, when Brian Richardson - WhatTheCas commented:

                    > On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 4:54 pm, Steve Sergeant wrote:
                    > > As a former hiring manager at a large multi-national corporation, I
                    > > can confidently say: You should count on it.
                    > >
                    > > See:
                    > > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml
                    > >
                    > We talked about this exact thing on the last episode of WhatTheCast
                    > (Episode 33). I think having this type of information on a blog or
                    > podcast (where it can be picked up my a search engine) is equivalent to
                    > disclosing information to an employer during an interview.
                    >
                    > Bottom line: free speech means people are also free to hear your words &
                    > read your speech, so make sure you own up to what you say :) -- Brian
                    > Richardson

                    FWIW, on my state's employment website, my online resume includes a link
                    to my podcast. If it'd be a bad influence on employability, it's a bit
                    too late now. But I do seem to get a lot more contacts about jobs these
                    days, so perhaps it's a Good Thing.

                    --
                    Grizzly's Growls
                    Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                      I've always considered my blog and my podcasts to be part of a career
                      building exercise, so there's not much contained in them that I'd be afraid
                      of a potential boss finding. As a matter of fact, I got one job last year
                      directly because of my blogging and podcasting. It didn't work out in the
                      long run, but both exercises are still essential to my long term career
                      growth.

                      Martin

                      Martin McKeay, CISSP, GSNA
                      Host of the Network Security Blog <http://www.mckeay.net>