Re: [podcasting] Podcasters at the Hawaii Geek Meet - April 20

  • Ryan Ozawa
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 10:51 AM
      The Hawaii Association of Podcasters picnic at the Hawaii Geek Meet is
      only 19 days away! I know there are a lot of globe-trotting
      podcasters, vloggers, and new media gurus among us, but the rest of us
      land-lubbers have no excuse to have gone so long without getting
      together. Join us, and show off your toys and tell your stories to
      other geeks and geek lovers! Think of it like a podcamp, only with
      absolutely no structure and outdoors!

      More information can be found at HawaiiGeek.com. Please let me know
      if you can make it!

      Ryan
    • Ryan Ozawa
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14 7:07 PM
        The Hawaii Geek Meet is only six days away! And podcasters and
        vloggers, being a particularly creative and fun bunch of geeks, should
        most definitely be there. Busy little bees that we are, we haven't
        gotten together in a while... but this all-inclusive meetup is a great
        excuse to do so. Not only can we catch up, but we'll be surrounded by
        a wide range of interesting people.

        Will any of you be there, whether to talkstory or document? I'm
        actually a podcaster again, y'know, so I'm especially missing y'all!

        Get all the information you need at HawaiiGeek.com. So far we've got
        everything from a medieval family to ham radio operators to
        photographers and programmers. Even MidWeek will be there to capture
        the wacky mixing of geek ways!

        Ryan
      • Ryan Ozawa
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 10:53 AM
          Last nag (on this list at least): The Hawaii Geek Meet is tomorrow at
          Magic Island! I hope to see some long lost podcasters there, though I
          know Roxanne and Todd are out of town.

          New media will definitely be a hot topic, with some curious "old
          media" folks joining us, and there'll certainly be no shortage of
          interesting people to point cameras or microphones at. Also, Marc
          Mortimer of the Independent Living Council will be coming specifically
          to learn about podcasting, and I'm sure he could learn a lot from
          those of us who've been into it for years now.

          We haven't connected in person for some time, so I hope you'll come by
          and talkstory.

          Ryan