My iTunes podcast listing is showing up on a google search?

  • Braindouche!
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      Just for kicks, I googled my domain just now. After being mildly annoyed at
      the dude who has braindouche.blogspot and braindouche.livejournal and just
      refuses to give up his position in the google standings, and canceling an
      old podomatic membership that never worked right anyway, I saw a weird hit,
      a phobos.apple.com hit. I clicked, and it took me to my iTunes store podcast
      listing.

      Which is cool, definitely, but I didn't know they could do that! Did you?

      ~Mer
      www.shameless-self-promotion.net

    • writerpatrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Braindouche! <braindouche@...> wrote:

        > Just for kicks, I googled my domain just now.

        Yes, iTunes will show up in a Google search, but so will many other
        things.

        If you really want to have fun, try googling your handle.
        Eg. http://www.google.com/search?q=writerpatrick yields over 9,000 hits
        (a few that aren't me, like one for NBC). And some sites I never even
        signed up for (they just seem to have taken data from other sites). If
        I try "podcast ping" I get 25,000 hits (many not for the podcast) and
        without quotes I get over half a million (most having nothing to do
        with the podcast).