Re: [podcasters] Blog design: Does it matter for a podcast?

  • George L Smyth
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
      Richard -

      It's simple. When I turn the car off or switch to a radio station, the CD
      player keeps track of where I was. If I have listened to the first 20 minutes
      when I turn the car off, when I turn it back on it picks up at the 20 minute
      mark.

      If TWIT was on my mp3 player and I was using one of those converters, then if I
      listened to the first 20 minutes of TWIT on my way to work, then I would switch
      to a music podcast while at work, and would have to then have to forward to the
      20 minute mark to continue listening to TWIT the following day, assuming that I
      remembered where I left off (which would be unlikely).

      Cheers -

      george

      --- Richard Amirault <ramirault@...> wrote:

> [...]

      -------------------------------------

      Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com

      Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com - Blog: GLSmyth.Wordpress.com
    • simplyrik
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 3, 2008
        I'm viewing my podcast as a full blown production and as such there has to be a certain
        amount of marketing work that goes into that. The Blog is IMHO a key part to that. The blog
        is where you can also generate more pickups from search engines, post ads, show notes, RSS
        feeds to like-minded informational sites etc.

        To me it is all package deal. the Blog is also a place where you community can interact with
        you if you so choose. I do agree that content is key. At the same time, if all you use it for is
        a parking lot for show notes, then that is fine as well.

        The point I am trying to make is that your podcast should have an "Image" at the same time
        the Blog site should also carry that "Image." To throw up simple text blog sites for a show
        that might be quite colorful and informative does you no real justice.

        Just my 2 cents.
        simplyRik
        http://modernmanhood.surching4me.com
        modernmanhood@...