Hi

  • aamit.jani
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hello

      Hope you all are fine. I have recently join this group,hence please
      consider me as one of the member of your group.

      Thanks in anticipation
    • Mike Farley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
        Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a trip early this week to London, UK and had my bags stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.

        I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are, 011447024065511 or 011447024064567 or on my blackberry at m_farley@...

        I await your response...

        Mike
      • Nobilis Reed
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
          This is a scam that is running around the internet lately.

          I'm sure you all know about this already, but just in case, ignore it.

          I got the precisely identical email from a friend of mine two days ago.

          Mike needs to regain control of his gmail. Anyone who knows of means
          to contact Mike aside from his gmail account might want to do so, and
          let him know there's a problem.

          2010/7/22 Mike Farley <mfarley@...>:
          > Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a trip early this week to London, UK and had my bags stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.
          >
          > I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are, 011447024065511 or 011447024064567 or on my blackberry at m_farley@...
          >

          > I await your response...
          >
          > Mike

          Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
          -----
          99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
          -----
          "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
          http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html
        • Nobilis Reed
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
            I'll add that the 144 country code is assigned to the US, Canada, and
            the Caribbean, not to Great Britain.

            --
            Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
            -----
            99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
            -----
            "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
            http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html
          • Michael Butler
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
              Damn,

              I loaned him $1000. I hope he pays me back.

              On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...>wrote:

              > I'll add that the 144 country code is assigned to the US, Canada, and
              > the Caribbean, not to Great Britain.
              >

              > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...<authornobilis%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              > > This is a scam that is running around the internet lately.
              > >
              > > I'm sure you all know about this already, but just in case, ignore it.
              > >
              > > I got the precisely identical email from a friend of mine two days ago.
              > >
              > > Mike needs to regain control of his gmail. Anyone who knows of means
              > > to contact Mike aside from his gmail account might want to do so, and
              > > let him know there's a problem.
              > >
              > > 2010/7/22 Mike Farley <mfarley@... <mfarley%40gmail.com>>:
              > >> Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a trip
              > early this week to London, UK and had my bags stolen from me with my
              > passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting
              > me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel
              > bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit
              > card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with
              > a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I
              > can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available
              > flight.
              > >>
              > >> I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can
              > reach me via email or May field hotel's desk phone, the numbers are,
              > 011447024065511 or 011447024064567 or on my blackberry at
              > m_farley@... <m_farley%40rocketmail.com>
              > >>

              > >> I await your response...
              > >>
              > >> Mike

              > > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
              > > -----
              > > 99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
              > > -----
              > > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
              > > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html
              > >

              > --
              > Weekly audio stories -- Nobilis Erotica: http://nobilis.libsyn.com
              > -----
              > 99c short stories - http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Nobilis
              > -----
              > "Scouts" science fiction erotic romance -
              > http://www.logical-lust.com/scouts.html

              The Rock and Roll Geek Network

              This is the real school of Rock!
              Interviews, Music and Talk From a
              Rock and Roll Geek

              http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
              Subscribe-
              http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73331036
              Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/rnrgeek
              Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/rnrgeek
              Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/rockandrollgeek

            • Ed Morgan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
                I was thinking about just giving him all my credit card numbers and bank
                access codes, since I am sure he would only take a few bucks for cab fare
                and such.

                I would like to thank Nobilis for giving everyone the heads up though. Some
                people might have thought they were helping someone in real need. I usually
                stick to only helping people I actually know, and even then, after I have
                confirmed it with them directly using some other method than the Internet.
                There are too many of these scams out there, and even sending an e-mail to a
                friend can be redirected to the scammers most likely, so it just isn't a
                reliable means of confirmation. I am thinking of requiring they send a blood
                sample so I can run a DNA scan to be sure it is actually them. Is that going
                too far?

                Ed