newbie podcast editing question

  • Zachary Braiker
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16 4:42 PM
      Hi guys,Can you recommend a free site where I can edit a :40 minute phone
      interview and turn it into a podcast. It would be ideal if the site were
      newbie-friendly and allowed me to add music effects.

      Thanks for your recommendations,
      Zachary
      www.quiverandquill.com

      On Feb 14, 2008 4:26 PM, Kevin Crossman <kevin@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone else getting voicemail spam on your K7.net numbers?
      >
      > Any way to avoid these?
      >
      > -Kevin
      >
      > Kevin Crossman
      > The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
      > Listen to our Podcast
      > www.fratpackpodcast.com

    • Nobilis
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16 5:07 PM
        On Feb 16, 2008 7:42 PM, Zachary Braiker <infocus@...> wrote:
        > Hi guys,Can you recommend a free site where I can edit a :40 minute phone
        > interview and turn it into a podcast. It would be ideal if the site were
        > newbie-friendly and allowed me to add music effects.

        Download Audacity.

        http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

        It's relatively easy to use and works fairly well. It's also free.

        Once you've done your audio editing, then you can set up the podcast
        as a separate task.

        -----
        Five out of five review for "Centaur" -- http://tinyurl.com/2r25e4
      • Dmitry Baranov
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17 12:17 AM
          Hi Zachary,

          You can also try Podcast Wizard -
          http://www.extralabs.net/podcast-wizard.htm

          --
          Dmitry Baranov
        • David Jackson
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17 5:20 PM
            Zachary,
            Audacity is free (do a google search, you'll find it). Are you looking to put music behind this or just edit out the Ums and "ya knows"? I use Sony Sound Forge. While its not cheap ($70), it beats Adobe Audition which is around $300 bucks.

            Dave Jackson
            www.schoolofpodcasitng.com

            > Hi guys,Can you recommend a free site where I can edit a :40 minute phone
            > interview and turn it into a podcast. It would be ideal if the site were
            > newbie-friendly and allowed me to add music effects.

            --
            Dmitry Baranov

          • Braindouche!
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18 6:16 AM
              Sounds like you could use podomatic.com. It's about as newbie-friendly and
              idiot-proof as they come, and it will help you do some editing, some mixing,
              and then it'll give you the podcast website to distribute your show.

              ~Mer