Re: [podcasters] Is using iWeb hurting our Podcast syndication

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2008
      On Feb 4, 2008 4:12 AM, thesleepofreason2008 <thendoking@...> wrote:

      > We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
      > We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
      > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
      > a .Mac account.
      > However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
      > index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
      > blogging software.
      > Is this true?
      > Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
      > it is true?
      >

      > .

      Something to consider about iWeb is that it doesn't automatically include
      links to your RSS feed EXCEPT when the links include the "itpc" protocol for
      iTunes. This means that people who want to subscribe with a non-iTunes
      client will need to ferret out the feed for themselves. You could probably
      add the link yourself, if you want. Also, just because the itpc link will
      automatically launch iTunes on a user's computer, that doesn't mean your
      podcast is listed in the iTunes Music Store, so keep that in mind.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/

      Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
      http://www.phantompower.org/