Re: Dreamhost Billing Issues

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
      From the DreamHost newsletter they e-mailed out tonight:

      "Do you ever wish you hadn't done something? I can't really think of any
      times myself. Ooooh, except maybe ONCE, when I typed "2008-12-31"
      instead of "2007-12-31" and accidentally overbilled all my formerly
      Happy DreamHost customers close to ten million dollars....."
      =======

      I actually laughed when I read that. Reminded me of that old 60s
      computer saying "To err is human, to really fuck things up takes a
      computer."

      (You could add to that another 60s computer saying "Garbage in,
      Garbage out.")
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
        Okay, so if that was the issue, why didn't they just come out and say. "Hey
        guys, we screwed up and entered 2008-12-31 instead of 2007-12-13 when
        running our billing for this month. We are really sorry about that and we
        will be glad to work with you to fix this billing mistake. The programmer
        has been properly tarred and feathered for not checking the entry date and
        he has put in the idiot check for the next cycle."

        There straight to the point, but a touch of humor....

        On Feb 6, 2008 4:08 AM, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

        > From the DreamHost newsletter they e-mailed out tonight:
        >
        > "Do you ever wish you hadn't done something? I can't really think of any
        > times myself. Ooooh, except maybe ONCE, when I typed "2008-12-31"
        > instead of "2007-12-31" and accidentally overbilled all my formerly
        > Happy DreamHost customers close to ten million dollars....."
        > =======
        >
        > I actually laughed when I read that. Reminded me of that old 60s
        > computer saying "To err is human, to really fuck things up takes a
        > computer."
        >
        > (You could add to that another 60s computer saying "Garbage in,
        > Garbage out.")

        Mike Wills

        Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com