Re: [podcasters] Best Software for Recording on a Mac?

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
      On Feb 3, 2008 9:02 PM, Steven R. Boyett <steve@...> wrote:

      > ProTools is ONLY cross-platform if you use it with the Mbox or certain
      > other
      > hardware manufactured by M-Audio.

      Actually, you can ONLY use it with the Digidesign or M-Audio hardware, but
      they are all cross platform. That is why I like Pro Tools. It has what you
      need in one package. You pick the size of the interface based on your usage,
      and the software is the same throughout. The OS is actually immaterial.

      I have used it in the small size for podcasting, and the 64 track variety in
      my studio days. It works all the same to me. But it is what I like. Your
      mileage may vary.

      > Paul Puri
      >
      > New media with an independent spirit:
      > http://puripodcastproductions.com
      >
      > My gear recommendations:
      > http://podsafegear.com
      >
      > Got some thing to say? Just be a Twitter.
      > http://twitter.com/paulpuri
      >
      > Promotion without shame.
      > Podcasting Announcements

    • mbritt1216
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
        Amadeus Pro. I've been using it for almost a year. Fantastic easy to
        use for recording and editing. Inexpensive. Love it.

        Michael
        Host of The Psych Files podcast
        http://www.thepsychfiles.com