Re: [podcasters] Is using iWeb hurting our Podcast syndication

  • Rick Stringer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
      The search engines had no problem finding our blog when we used iWeb
      for our podcast. The only reason we stopped using it was because we
      joined Farpoint Media. That changed where and how we were doing our
      site.

      Rick
      ___________________________
      Parsec Award Winner 2006 & 2007
      Variant Frequencies Podcast
      http://www.variantfrequencies.com
      The Failed Cities Monologues
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

      On Feb 4, 2008, at 7:12 AM, thesleepofreason2008 wrote:

      > We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
      > We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
      > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
      > a .Mac account.
      > However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
      > index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
      > blogging software.
      > Is this true?
      > Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
      > it is true?

    • Dennis De Jarnette
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        thesleepofreason2008 wrote:
        > . But
        > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
        > a .Mac account.

        I am not sure abut search engines and .Mac but there is no reason to
        switch to a .Mac account to syndicate via iTunes. You just register it
        where ever it is.

        Positive Dennis
      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2008
          On Feb 4, 2008 4:12 AM, thesleepofreason2008 <thendoking@...> wrote:

          > We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
          > We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
          > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
          > a .Mac account.
          > However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
          > index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
          > blogging software.
          > Is this true?
          > Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
          > it is true?
          >

          > .

          Something to consider about iWeb is that it doesn't automatically include
          links to your RSS feed EXCEPT when the links include the "itpc" protocol for
          iTunes. This means that people who want to subscribe with a non-iTunes
          client will need to ferret out the feed for themselves. You could probably
          add the link yourself, if you want. Also, just because the itpc link will
          automatically launch iTunes on a user's computer, that doesn't mean your
          podcast is listed in the iTunes Music Store, so keep that in mind.

          --
          -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
          Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

          Shawnogram - Content = life.
          http://www.shawnogram.com/

          Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
          http://www.phantompower.org/