Is using iWeb hurting our Podcast syndication

  • thesleepofreason2008
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
      We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
      We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
      in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
      a .Mac account.
      However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
      index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
      blogging software.
      Is this true?
      Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
      it is true?
    • Rick Stringer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        The search engines had no problem finding our blog when we used iWeb
        for our podcast. The only reason we stopped using it was because we
        joined Farpoint Media. That changed where and how we were doing our
        site.

        Rick
        ___________________________
        Parsec Award Winner 2006 & 2007
        Variant Frequencies Podcast
        http://www.variantfrequencies.com
        The Failed Cities Monologues
        http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

        On Feb 4, 2008, at 7:12 AM, thesleepofreason2008 wrote:

        > We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
        > We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
        > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
        > a .Mac account.
        > However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
        > index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
        > blogging software.
        > Is this true?
        > Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
        > it is true?

      • Dennis De Jarnette
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
          thesleepofreason2008 wrote:
          > . But
          > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
          > a .Mac account.

          I am not sure abut search engines and .Mac but there is no reason to
          switch to a .Mac account to syndicate via iTunes. You just register it
          where ever it is.

          Positive Dennis
        • Shawn Thorpe
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2008
            On Feb 4, 2008 4:12 AM, thesleepofreason2008 <thendoking@...> wrote:

            > We recently put on line our podcasts at www.thesleepofreason.com
            > We originally used an RSS feed from a Blogger to add new content. But
            > in an effort to syndicate via iTunes we were convinced to use iWeb and
            > a .Mac account.
            > However the latest advice we got was that search engines will not
            > index our Blog and content if we use iWeb instead of a more mainstream
            > blogging software.
            > Is this true?
            > Is there anyway we can ensure we get spidered properly using iWeb if
            > it is true?
            >

            > .

            Something to consider about iWeb is that it doesn't automatically include
            links to your RSS feed EXCEPT when the links include the "itpc" protocol for
            iTunes. This means that people who want to subscribe with a non-iTunes
            client will need to ferret out the feed for themselves. You could probably
            add the link yourself, if you want. Also, just because the itpc link will
            automatically launch iTunes on a user's computer, that doesn't mean your
            podcast is listed in the iTunes Music Store, so keep that in mind.

            --
            -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
            Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

            Shawnogram - Content = life.
            http://www.shawnogram.com/

            Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
            http://www.phantompower.org/