Re: [podcasters] Fw: another question- movie clips

  • Alex Devlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
      If it's a copyrighted DVD you could contact the publisher and inquire about obtaining the clip you require and if it is ok for you to use it in the way you want.

      If it's a personal DVD then you can use a program to convert the DVD files into another type of movie file. Some of these program allow you to select the start and end points for conversion so you can select the clip you need.

      I use Xilisoft software for conversions and you can choose the start and end points. You may need to convert the entire DVD movie to an AVI file first then convert the section you need. I'm not sure if any of the Xilisoft programs can convert one section directly from a DVD. But I do know they can convert from other movie file types.

      Alex

      Sent via iPhone

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • April L Clay
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
        I took a look at the software, I guess what is confusing is when you put a movie DVD in and take a look at the files, all the audio and video files are split up- I'm not even sure what kind of format this is! Do you know what I mean?

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
          The DVD files are in a format called VOB. You will probably need to convert the entire DVD movie into one file like an AVI or MPEG. Then you can use the software to extract the scene you want from the movie.

          Remember to get permission from the copyright holders before using the clip as you said the DVD was comercial.

          Alex

          Sent via iPhone

          On Feb 3, 2008, at 5:33 PM, "April L Clay" <aclay@...> wrote:

[...]

          Be a better friend, newshound, and