Re: [podcasters] Language Learning or Educational Podcasters Group/Site?

  • Beth Collingwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      <de-lurk>
      Hey Shaun,

      I'm still in the development stage (lurking and copious note
      taking) and this list is the best source I've found. There are others
      out there, but the ones I've tried are either too sporadic or lack
      focus. I'd love to see a list devoted to the challenges of language
      instruction (I'm an ESL teacher). In the meantime check out this link [
      http://baw-08.pbwiki.com/Tools ] of interesting web tools put up by the
      folks at EVO who are doing an online workshop - " TESOL EVOnline session
      "Becoming a Webhead (BaW) 2008: A hands-on workshop on how to use Web
      communication tools for language teaching and learning". You may still
      be able to get in on the session - they're pretty relaxed - oh and its free!

      Let me know if you find/start an edu/lang group.

      Beth
      (and for the rest of you out there - you guys have been a great resource
      - thanks for all the great info)

      </re-lurk>

      ellpond01 wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > Just curious if anyone has come across an active group, forum, etc.
      > specifically for this kind of podcast. I think we have some unique
      > challenges. I run "Learning Indonesian" and would like to connect
      > with other folks that do this as well. I'd be happy to manage a group
      > or forum site if there isn't one already and there is some real interest.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Shaun

    • nycedeli
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        Hi Shaun,
        If you start such a group, please let me know. Send me a private email
        through this board. I've got an educational language podcast and would
        like to be a part of whatever you develop.

        Best regards,
        nycedeli

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "ellpond01" <redpoint77@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Just curious if anyone has come across an active group, forum, etc.
        > specifically for this kind of podcast. I think we have some unique
        > challenges. I run "Learning Indonesian" and would like to connect
        > with other folks that do this as well. I'd be happy to manage a group
        > or forum site if there isn't one already and there is some real
        interest.

        > Thanks,
        > -Shaun

      • ellpond01
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          Beth, great resource tip for the BAW2008 site, Beth. I think it'll
          help. thanks!

          I'll keep working on the idea of putting togethr a group and let you
          know if it comes about. It's really all in the kind of interest we
          can gather. I'll keep you posted.