Re: [podcasters] RPM 08... anybody participating?

  • Nobilis
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 5:02 PM
      On Feb 1, 2008 7:47 PM, Braindouche! <braindouche@...> wrote:
      > Considering it got BoingBoinged the other day, there might still be a few
      > people who haven't heard of this before. The RPM Challenge is sort of like
      > NaNoWriMo for recording musicians -- during the month of February, you
      > record 35 minutes of audio or 10 songs, and hopefully sweat blood in the
      > process. http://www.rpmchallenge.com/ for more info and stuff.
      >
      > It's kind of neat. I've been on their site listening to songs and other...
      > slightly less easily defined material people have already created. Is anyone
      > here doing it?

      Heck, gimme an hour, and it's done. I don't see why it's a challenge.

      Or is it unlike NaNoWriMo, and it has to be _good_?

      -----
      Five out of five review for "Centaur" -- http://tinyurl.com/2r25e4
    • Erk Pod
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 5:03 PM
        I'm not a muso but considering this is a podcaster group - where's the
        challenge? :P

        --
        Erk
        Sydney, Australia

        WEBSITES:
        Erk Pod & Erk Pod Mini: http://www.erkpod.com.au

        Erk to the Diary Room: http://www.erktothediaryroom.com

        FEEDS
        Erk Pod: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodding.xml

        Erk Pod Mini: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodmini.xml

        Erk to the Diary Room http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erktothediaryroom.xml

      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1 11:11 PM
          On Feb 1, 2008 4:47 PM, Braindouche! <braindouche@...> wrote:

          > Considering it got BoingBoinged the other day, there might still be a
          > few
          > people who haven't heard of this before. The RPM Challenge is sort of like
          > NaNoWriMo for recording musicians -- during the month of February, you
          > record 35 minutes of audio or 10 songs, and hopefully sweat blood in the
          > process. http://www.rpmchallenge.com/ for more info and stuff.
          >
          > It's kind of neat. I've been on their site listening to songs and other...
          > slightly less easily defined material people have already created. Is
          > anyone
          > here doing it?
          >
          > ~Mer
          > braindouche dawt net
          >

          > .

          I am:
          http://www.rpmchallenge.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/Itemid,296/

          --
          -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
          Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

          Shawnogram - Content = life.
          http://www.shawnogram.com/

          Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
          http://www.phantompower.org/

        • writerpatrick
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3 6:54 AM
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Braindouche! <braindouche@...> wrote:

            > It's kind of neat. I've been on their site listening to songs and
            other...
            > slightly less easily defined material people have already created. Is
            anyone
            > here doing it?

            Not officially, but with the Beowulf reading I'm doing I'm sure to
            exceed that. That's a marathon of it's own. And that's not including
            the regular Podcast Ping episodes, The Silent Pen or The Blue Hot
            Gossip Comedy Show (although the latter two are only monthly right now).