Re: [podcasters] Last 6 months' episodes missing from iTunes

  • Paul Collins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Update: Nevermind. It turned out we had intentionally restricted
      iTunes to a subfeed category, but no-one was releasing episodes under
      that category. Add my clever conditional <itunes:new-feed-url>
      insertion and it just took me a while to realize what was going on.

      But while I'm here - perhaps someone would like to see our podcast
      studio equipment list (also for live call-in web radio), which we put
      together 2 years ago:

      Mackie Onyx1620 16 channel analog mixer with FireWire option
      EVI RE20 Studio mics
      DBX 286A Preamps (featuring what I call the voice-of-God knob)
      DBX 266XL compressor/gates
      Inkeeper Digital Hybrid phone interfaces

      I'd be happy to answer any questions about our experience with these.

      The resulting productions can be heard here (click the "Program" type
      for best examples):
      http://www.brightfuture.us/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,79/

      --Paul Collins

      On Jan 31, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Paul A. Collins wrote:

      > Last August I started a podcast for a client with an iTunes store
      > page.
      > The initial 5 episodes were listed, but I just noticed that the newest
      > 26 episodes since August 11 are missing. Only the original 5 episodes
      > appear on our iTunes Store podcast page, and in the user's podcast
      > list
      > whether subscribed through the store or directly with the itpc:// url.
      > Can anybody tell me why?

      ** Gracion Software LLC http://www.gracion.com/
      ** Tel: +1 (541) 488-3488 iChat/AIM/Skype: gracionsoft
      ** Enclose - removes the email attachment bottleneck
      ** DigiTunnel 1.4 PPTP/VPN client for OS X
      ** Pronto Patent - search/download US patents fast