Last 6 months' episodes missing from iTunes

  • Paul A. Collins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Last August I started a podcast for a client with an iTunes store page.
      The initial 5 episodes were listed, but I just noticed that the newest
      26 episodes since August 11 are missing. Only the original 5 episodes
      appear on our iTunes Store podcast page, and in the user's podcast list
      whether subscribed through the store or directly with the itpc:// url.
      Can anybody tell me why?

      I've validated the feed, compared the xml of the good and missing
      episodes, and sent a "Concern" to iTunes Store.

      Searching this list, a similar problem was blamed on a pubDate, but my
      pubDate attributes seem ok to me, such as this: Fri, 25 Jan 2008
      18:27:00 -0700

      I do have an extra pubDate at the top, which shows the time the XML was
      generated, so its newer that the newest episode date. Would that matter?

      Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

      XML <http://www.brightfuture.us/bf/blogloud/podcast.php>
      Podcast home page
      <http://www.brightfuture.us/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,79/>
      (generated with Loudblog)

    • Paul Collins
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
        Update: Nevermind. It turned out we had intentionally restricted
        iTunes to a subfeed category, but no-one was releasing episodes under
        that category. Add my clever conditional <itunes:new-feed-url>
        insertion and it just took me a while to realize what was going on.

        But while I'm here - perhaps someone would like to see our podcast
        studio equipment list (also for live call-in web radio), which we put
        together 2 years ago:

        Mackie Onyx1620 16 channel analog mixer with FireWire option
        EVI RE20 Studio mics
        DBX 286A Preamps (featuring what I call the voice-of-God knob)
        DBX 266XL compressor/gates
        Inkeeper Digital Hybrid phone interfaces

        I'd be happy to answer any questions about our experience with these.

        The resulting productions can be heard here (click the "Program" type
        for best examples):
        http://www.brightfuture.us/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,79/

        --Paul Collins

        On Jan 31, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Paul A. Collins wrote:

        > Last August I started a podcast for a client with an iTunes store
        > page.
        > The initial 5 episodes were listed, but I just noticed that the newest
        > 26 episodes since August 11 are missing. Only the original 5 episodes
        > appear on our iTunes Store podcast page, and in the user's podcast
        > list
        > whether subscribed through the store or directly with the itpc:// url.
        > Can anybody tell me why?

        ** Gracion Software LLC http://www.gracion.com/
        ** Tel: +1 (541) 488-3488 iChat/AIM/Skype: gracionsoft
        ** Enclose - removes the email attachment bottleneck
        ** DigiTunnel 1.4 PPTP/VPN client for OS X
        ** Pronto Patent - search/download US patents fast