Your Podcasts on Bebo

  • satishnatarajan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hello Everyone.

      Podcasts application is now available on Bebo at
      http://apps.bebo.com/podtrak . Podcasts application lets you showcase
      and distribute your podcasts from your profile to your friends and fans.

      Bebo is reported to have around 40 million users. Add your podcasts on
      your profile and utilize the viral marketing of friends telling
      friends to distribute your podcasts.

      I would like to thank everyone on this list who tried the Podcasts
      Application on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/podtrak) and
      provided us with valuable comments.

      Here are some of the key features of the podcasts application

      1. You can add your feeds in the event we have not added already.
      2. We have a keyword based search engine that searches the title,
      summary, episode title and episode summary for a rich search experience.
      3. You can play the podcast on the browser as well as get the rss feed
      link.
      4. You can add your podcasts on your bebo profile page so your friends
      can come and listen to them.

      A few simple steps to distribute your podcast:

      1. If you do not have a bebo account then sign up for one at
      http://www.bebo.com and add your friends.
      2. Go to the URL http://apps.bebo.com/podtrak to access the Podcasts
      application
      3. Search for your podcast using the keyword search box or add your
      podcasts using the "Add Podcast URL"
      4. Add your podcasts on your profile and send it to your friends.

      Adding your podcast URL will allow other users to find play and enjoy
      when they search for it.

      If your are adding your podcast URL, it will be available for all
      users unless we get complaints about the content.

      If you would like us th help with any of this, please drop us a mail
      at support at podtrak.com. We will be glad to help.

      Warm Regards,

      Satish

      Podtrak.com
    • Matthew K
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
        My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations throughout Idaho.

        I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that was my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the best way I should approach moving timeslots?

      • satishnatarajan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          Hi,

          As long as you visit the player page (on facebook or bebo) once after
          you publish your new episode - we will pickup the latest changes
          within a very short period of time.

          If it does not send us a mail at support at podtrak.com - we can
          schedule a pickup within the system.

          Regards,

          Satish

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            I am very confused on this... is there a problem?

            On Jan 31, 2008 12:36 PM, Matthew K <matt_hew@...> wrote:

            > My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations
            > throughout Idaho.
            >
            > I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that was
            > my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the
            > best way I should approach moving timeslots?

            Mike Wills

            Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              On Jan 31, 2008 1:36 PM, Matthew K <matt_hew@...> wrote:

              > I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that was my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the best way I should approach moving timeslots?

              So you clearly don't do a live show. I'm not sure I understand what
              your question is. Apart from telling listeners who want to listen via
              radio that it'll be on at a different time (which isn't an issue for
              podcast listeners), what action do you imagine needs to be taken?

              http://www.escapepod.org
            • Richard Amirault
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                From: "Mike"

                >I am very confused on this... is there a problem?

                >> My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations
                >> throughout Idaho.
                >>
                >> I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that
                >> was
                >> my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the
                >> best way I should approach moving timeslots?

                "Is there a problem?" Sure .. for those folks who will tune in a 1pm and do
                not hear the show!

                If I understand you .. you still have one more show at 1pm .. just mention a
                bunch of times the show's time slot is moving. Unfortunately, it would have
                been nice to mention it 2 or 3 weeks .. but it's too late for that. That's
                about all you can do. Mentioning it on the web won't help much .. since the
                folks who listen on radio are not the ones who listen via mp3's.

                Richard Amirault
                Boston, MA, USA
                http://n1jdu.org
                http://bostonfandom.org
              • Mike
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Ah... I see. Just post it on your website, mention it on the next show, see
                  if the station can let the listeners know, find out who is taking your time
                  slot and ask them to mention on their show a couple times...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                    Thanks guys. I think I'll change my promo for the next two weeks to say I'll be moving too. The webpage won't help much for people that listen live.

                    I don't use facebook, or anything like that. I just have a XML document I maintain, and I have it on iTunes. I also have a webpage that people can download the archives from.

                    As far as the live listeners. They probably won't hear anything but my one show. (I hope they all tune in that week). I'm just a little leary of losing listeners that miss that week or forget about it. They want to move me inbetween hip hop and techno so I can split up the two generes... Don't ask me how a podcast all about brewing your own beer could do that.

                    Matt

                    >I am very confused on this... is there a problem?

                    >> My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations
                    >> throughout Idaho.
                    >>
                    >> I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that
                    >> was
                    >> my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the
                    >> best way I should approach moving timeslots?

                    "Is there a problem?" Sure .. for those folks who will tune in a 1pm and do
                    not hear the show!

                    If I understand you .. you still have one more show at 1pm .. just mention a
                    bunch of times the show's time slot is moving. Unfortunately, it would have
                    been nice to mention it 2 or 3 weeks .. but it's too late for that. That's
                    about all you can do. Mentioning it on the web won't help much .. since the
                    folks who listen on radio are not the ones who listen via mp3's.

                    Richard Amirault
                    Boston, MA, USA
                    http://n1jdu.org
                    http://bostonfandom.org

                  • Larry Wanger
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Well, you obviously should start announcing that on the show itself,
                      right up front and then maybe once at the end. Second, see if they
                      will run a 15 or 30 second promo for your show that would run in
                      rotation promoting your show and telling listeners about your new
                      time. Use the move to your advantage in terms of an opportunity to
                      promote your show. They should be promoting changes like this on their
                      site and you should do this on yours as well.

                      DisabilityNation, an Audio Magazine by and for People with
                      Disabilities. Listen at http://www.disabilitynation.net

                      On Jan 31, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Matthew K wrote:

                      > My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations
                      > throughout Idaho.
                      >
                      > I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after
                      > that was my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm
                      > soon. What is the best way I should approach moving timeslots?

                    • David Smith
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
                        It was 31 Jan 2008, when Matthew K commented:

                        > My podcast also airs on live radio on three different radio stations
                        > throughout Idaho.
                        >
                        > I submitted a show for next Sunday, and I heard the Sunday after that was
                        > my last time on the 1pm timeslot. I'm moving to 7:30pm soon. What is the
                        > best way I should approach moving timeslots?

                        Seems to me the obvious thing would be a 15-second (or so) spot inside
                        your original slot, short enough to not deprive your stations of too much
                        revenue, referring listeners to your new timeslot. The stations should be
                        up for this, I'd think.

                        --
                        Grizzly's Growls
                        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>