Heads up re: Zune marketplace (audio + video in same feed)

  • Kevin Crossman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
      Anyone who is publishing audio and video in the same feed should read
      Todd Cochrane's post...

      http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/007573.html

      -Kevin

      Kevin Crossman
      The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
      Listen to our Podcast
      www.fratpackpodcast.com

    • Steve Riekeberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
        Wow... just wow. All I can say is: FAIL
        Did the Zune Marketplace engineers check their brain at the door? *sigh*

        Steve Riekeberg
        Host, Geek Cred
        <http://www.geekcred.net>

        Kevin Crossman wrote:

        > Anyone who is publishing audio and video in the same feed should read
        > Todd Cochrane's post...
        >
        > http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/007573.html
        > <http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/007573.html>
        >
        > -Kevin
        >
        > Kevin Crossman
        > The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
        > Listen to our Podcast
        > www.fratpackpodcast.com

      • R. Morrow Shelton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
          With all its flaws iTunes would seem to be better than Zune.

          (Can some one tell me why MicroSoft has not been run out of Business on a
          rail. Oh wait I know, that's because it's so much cheaper to make you own PC
          Clone and use MicroSoft's Software to run it. I wish Apple was not so
          EXPENSIVE on their computers.)

          I don't think I'll have anything to worry about as my podcast will be audio
          only, or at least for the for seeable future.

        • Will Brown
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
            On Jan 29, 2008 11:40 PM, Kevin Crossman <kevin@...> wrote:

            > Anyone who is publishing audio and video in the same feed should read
            > Todd Cochrane's post...
            >
            > http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/007573.html

            Hmmm...I am only subscribed to two feeds with a mix audio and video
            and I don't have any problems with those feeds.

            It was hard to tell from Todd's post (with all the yellin' and
            screamin') if Rob said told him it was a bug they're working on or if
            its a "feature". The Zune team has been pretty good about listening to
            and fixing the bugs we're reporting.

            I'll pose the question to Todd on his blog.

            Will

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
              According to Rob its a Bug...