Re: [podcasters] Re: Question about K7.Net

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
      It was 31 Dec 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

      > If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
      > here's an idea:
      >
      > Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
      > people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
      > have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
      > live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
      > bucks a month.

      One could just about create a "best of podcasting" podcast based only on
      the output one produced for that little project. Having lost my own
      personalized K7 number to this phenomenon, I understand the importance.
      And it'd be kinda fun to do.

      Hell, I'll do it myself. All you need to do is click on the PayPal
      "Donate" button on http://grizzly.libsyn.com once a month, dump in some
      nominal amount, maybe a buck, and a note indicating the podcast, the
      number, and some personal note if and only if you listen to the incoherent
      babbling I spew on my show. If you show is one I listen to, you'll also
      get a voice comment by the International Celebrity Host of Grizzly's
      Growls. (Hey, half a dozen countries listening counts as International
      Celebrity, though Jay Leno might disagree.)

      Given that the -only- phone I have is my cellphone, and that costs me
      fifty cents a minute, you'll get what you pay for. And I'm a brilliant
      commentarian. Or I will be. And since there's no such thing as a
      commentarian, whatever I do will define the industry, and is therefore by
      definition brilliant. So you're welcome to post comments declaiming on my
      brilliance and selfishness. Err... selflessness. Yeah, that's what I
      meant to say.

      Assuming I actually say anything.

      But, hey, you get what you pay for.

      --