RE: [podcasters] Re: Pod Expo final excerpts (and Homelessness interview)

  • Steven R. Boyett
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
      Just because it's in a dictionary doesn't mean it isn't a hideous neologism.
      "Indigent" seems perfectly adequate.

      --steve boyett

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
        I'm sorry, I don't have a dictionary. Do you have a link for "hideous
        neologism?" I did a search, but I've already been to the Dianetics
        website. Thanks.

        ;-)

        It was 2 Jan 2008, when Steven R. Boyett commented:

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
          Deconstruction is always good. "Neo" = "new." "Logos" = "word." Neologism:
          new word.

          Not following the Diuretics here.

          _____

          --
          Grizzly's Growls
          Podcast: <http://grizzly. <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> libsyn.com>
          Listen or Subscribe:
          <http://feeds. <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
          feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>

        • Michael W. Dean
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
            To me, "homelessnessness" would seem to imply either a spriling state
            where you cannot crawl out of being homeless (even if you get a job
            interview, how do you shower, dress well or ride the bus?); or some
            sort of liberal mewling about the "nobility" of being homeless.

            I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
            I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

            -MWD
            "Clone The Homeless"
            Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
            was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
            http://www.clonethehomeless.com
          • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
              On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
              > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
              > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

              Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
              situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it for
              you.

              Good job sir.
              --
              Brian Richardson
              - http://whatthecast.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?"
                <wtc@...> wrote:

                > On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
                > > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                > > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.
                >
                > Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
                > situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it
                for
                > you.
                >
                > Good job sir.
                ----
                Thank you.

                Yeah, it's been a long road in the 23 years from destitute to indigent
                to poverty to lower class to middle class to uppper middle class. I
                like the view better from here, but never forget the start of that path.

                And I never forget that Stephen Colbert line:

                "Upper-middle class is a meaningless term created by the Upperclass to
                keep the Middle class from joining with the Lower class when the
                revolution comes."