Re: [podcasters] Re: Pod Expo final excerpts (and Homelessness interview)

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
      This reminds me of "antidisestablishmentarianism." Which shouldn't be a
      word, but is, anyway, dammit.

      BTW, in my previous post, I explained my definition of homelessnessness.
      So we've clarified that. My job is done here. Lemme check the web for
      when the sun sets, so I can ride off into the meteorological phenomenon
      related thereto.

      It was 30 Dec 2007, when Joe Thompson commented:

      --
      Grizzly's Growls
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
        Just because it's in a dictionary doesn't mean it isn't a hideous neologism.
        "Indigent" seems perfectly adequate.

        --steve boyett

        _____

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly. <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> libsyn.com>

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
          I'm sorry, I don't have a dictionary. Do you have a link for "hideous
          neologism?" I did a search, but I've already been to the Dianetics
          website. Thanks.

          ;-)

          It was 2 Jan 2008, when Steven R. Boyett commented:

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
            Deconstruction is always good. "Neo" = "new." "Logos" = "word." Neologism:
            new word.

            Not following the Diuretics here.

            _____

            --
            Grizzly's Growls
            Podcast: <http://grizzly. <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> libsyn.com>
            Listen or Subscribe:
            <http://feeds. <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
            feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>

          • Michael W. Dean
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
              To me, "homelessnessness" would seem to imply either a spriling state
              where you cannot crawl out of being homeless (even if you get a job
              interview, how do you shower, dress well or ride the bus?); or some
              sort of liberal mewling about the "nobility" of being homeless.

              I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
              I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

              -MWD
              "Clone The Homeless"
              Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
              was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
              http://www.clonethehomeless.com
            • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
                > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

                Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
                situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it for
                you.

                Good job sir.
                --
                Brian Richardson
                - http://whatthecast.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?"
                  <wtc@...> wrote:

                  > On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
                  > > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                  > > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.
                  >
                  > Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
                  > situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it
                  for
                  > you.
                  >
                  > Good job sir.
                  ----
                  Thank you.

                  Yeah, it's been a long road in the 23 years from destitute to indigent
                  to poverty to lower class to middle class to uppper middle class. I
                  like the view better from here, but never forget the start of that path.

                  And I never forget that Stephen Colbert line:

                  "Upper-middle class is a meaningless term created by the Upperclass to
                  keep the Middle class from joining with the Lower class when the
                  revolution comes."