Re: [podcasters] Re: Pod Expo final excerpts (and Homelessness interview)

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
      FWIW, having Been There, Done That myself, "Homelessnessness" kinda
      describes it. Homlessness is just being without a home. Homelessnessness
      is being without a home, and without a home without any expectation of
      ever having anything resembling a home. It's "homelessness" as a
      condition of life, of nature, of self-image. So it's a much bigger hole
      out of which to dig oneself.

      Not that that necessarily makes much sense. But given the large amount of
      money to support the concept of "homelessnessness" that my staff have
      received on my behalf, farbeit from me to deny the validity of same. And
      I'm sure my lawyers will agree.

      Unless I never was actually paid, or asked, to support the idea of
      "homelessnessness," which is true, as far as you know.

      It was 30 Dec 2007, when Joe Thompson commented:

      --
      Grizzly's Growls
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
        This reminds me of "antidisestablishmentarianism." Which shouldn't be a
        word, but is, anyway, dammit.

        BTW, in my previous post, I explained my definition of homelessnessness.
        So we've clarified that. My job is done here. Lemme check the web for
        when the sun sets, so I can ride off into the meteorological phenomenon
        related thereto.

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
        Listen or Subscribe:
        <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
      • Steven R. Boyett
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
          Just because it's in a dictionary doesn't mean it isn't a hideous neologism.
          "Indigent" seems perfectly adequate.

          --steve boyett

          _____

          --
          Grizzly's Growls
          Podcast: <http://grizzly. <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> libsyn.com>

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
            I'm sorry, I don't have a dictionary. Do you have a link for "hideous
            neologism?" I did a search, but I've already been to the Dianetics
            website. Thanks.

            ;-)

            It was 2 Jan 2008, when Steven R. Boyett commented:

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
              Deconstruction is always good. "Neo" = "new." "Logos" = "word." Neologism:
              new word.

              Not following the Diuretics here.

              _____

              --
              Grizzly's Growls
              Podcast: <http://grizzly. <http://grizzly.libsyn.com> libsyn.com>
              Listen or Subscribe:
              <http://feeds. <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
              feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>

            • Michael W. Dean
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                To me, "homelessnessness" would seem to imply either a spriling state
                where you cannot crawl out of being homeless (even if you get a job
                interview, how do you shower, dress well or ride the bus?); or some
                sort of liberal mewling about the "nobility" of being homeless.

                I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

                -MWD
                "Clone The Homeless"
                Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
                was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
                http://www.clonethehomeless.com
              • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                  On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
                  > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                  > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.

                  Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
                  situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it for
                  you.

                  Good job sir.
                  --
                  Brian Richardson
                  - http://whatthecast.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?"
                    <wtc@...> wrote:

                    > On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 3:16 am, Michael W. Dean wrote:
                    > > I've heard that one before, and having been homeless (when I was 20),
                    > > I can state in a loud clear voice that there is no nobility in it.
                    >
                    > Any "nobility" comes from the ability to pull yourself out of the
                    > situation, rather than sitting back and waiting for someone to do it
                    for
                    > you.
                    >
                    > Good job sir.
                    ----
                    Thank you.

                    Yeah, it's been a long road in the 23 years from destitute to indigent
                    to poverty to lower class to middle class to uppper middle class. I
                    like the view better from here, but never forget the start of that path.

                    And I never forget that Stephen Colbert line:

                    "Upper-middle class is a meaningless term created by the Upperclass to
                    keep the Middle class from joining with the Lower class when the
                    revolution comes."