Re: [podcasters] Total Recorder With Skype?

  • Erk Pod
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
      I've tested Pamela but haven't used it for an interview YET.

      --
      Erk
      Sydney, Australia

      WEBSITES:
      Erk Pod & Erk Pod Mini: http://www.erkpod.com.au

      Erk to the Diary Room: http://www.erktothediaryroom.com

      FEEDS
      Erk Pod: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodding.xml

      Erk Pod Mini: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodmini.xml

      Erk to the Diary Room http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erktothediaryroom.xml

    • Steve Riekeberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
        I used to use MX Skype Recorder (when it was still free) when I needed a
        software solution. (I now have my mixer setup as mix minus to a
        dedicated sound card for Skype). I was happy enough with it, and even
        though it's pay now, it's cheap enough. I liked it because it wasn't
        bloated and trying to do everything; it recorded Skype conversations,
        and did that well. While there have been newer versions since I can't
        imagine that's changed all that much.

        Steve Riekeberg
        Host, Geek Cred
        <http://www.geekcred.net>

        Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? wrote:

        > I use MX Skype Recorder to record both sides of Skype conversations.
        > It's not free, but it's darn inexpensive. There are several other Skype
        > plugins and programs that do the same thing.
        >
        > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 2:33 pm, James Wadsworth wrote:
        > > Hey All,
        > >
        > > I use Skype for all my interviews. Up until Christmas this set up
        > > worked great. Yet under the Christmas tree was a new USB Headset
        > > Microphone which was made with VoiP in mind. It records well and I'm
        > > happy with it, but there is a problem. I can only record myself in
        > > Total Recorder (I tried Audacity as well, still no luck) I can not get
        > > my guest recorded.
        > >
        > > I know someone on this group had this exact problem before, does
        > > anyone have an answer?
        > >

        > --
        > Brian Richardson
        > - http://whatthecast.com <http://whatthecast.com>
        > - http://siliconchef.com <http://siliconchef.com>
        > - http://dragoncontv.com <http://dragoncontv.com>
        > - http://www.3chip.com <http://www.3chip.com>

      • Dmitry Baranov
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
          Hi James,

          ExtraLabs Skype Recorder is very useful:
          http://www.extralabs.net/skype-recorder.htm

          --
          Dmitry Baranov
        • Dennis Hays
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
            Take a look at Pamela Systems: http://www.pamela-systems.com/...

            The Pro version allows you to record your voice on one channel (L) and the
            voice over the telephone on the other channel (R) (two separate channels (L
            & R)) so you can edit either... to sweeten the voice over the telephone or
            apply/reduce gain and so forth.

            Best,

            Dennis
            Managing Editor
            Photo News Today

            --
            Dennis Hays
            Photo News Today

          • James Wadsworth
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
              Thanks guys! You've all been a great help. I used MX Skype Recorder
              last night and it worked like a charm. Its so much nicer then Total
              Recorder for Skype, I should have had it ages ago.

              Thanks again for all the suggestions.

              ~James Wadsworth

              LAMLradio: http://radio.laml.org
              Canuck Report: http://canuckreport.podcastspot.com/