Total Recorder With Skype?

  • James Wadsworth
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hey All,

      I use Skype for all my interviews. Up until Christmas this set up
      worked great. Yet under the Christmas tree was a new USB Headset
      Microphone which was made with VoiP in mind. It records well and I'm
      happy with it, but there is a problem. I can only record myself in
      Total Recorder (I tried Audacity as well, still no luck) I can not get
      my guest recorded.

      I know someone on this group had this exact problem before, does
      anyone have an answer?
    • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
        I use MX Skype Recorder to record both sides of Skype conversations.
        It's not free, but it's darn inexpensive. There are several other Skype
        plugins and programs that do the same thing.

        --
        Brian Richardson
        - http://whatthecast.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
          I've tested Pamela but haven't used it for an interview YET.

          --
          Erk
          Sydney, Australia

          WEBSITES:
          Erk Pod & Erk Pod Mini: http://www.erkpod.com.au

          Erk to the Diary Room: http://www.erktothediaryroom.com

          FEEDS
          Erk Pod: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodding.xml

          Erk Pod Mini: http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erkpodmini.xml

          Erk to the Diary Room http://www.podshow.com/feeds/erktothediaryroom.xml

        • Steve Riekeberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
            I used to use MX Skype Recorder (when it was still free) when I needed a
            software solution. (I now have my mixer setup as mix minus to a
            dedicated sound card for Skype). I was happy enough with it, and even
            though it's pay now, it's cheap enough. I liked it because it wasn't
            bloated and trying to do everything; it recorded Skype conversations,
            and did that well. While there have been newer versions since I can't
            imagine that's changed all that much.

            Steve Riekeberg
            Host, Geek Cred
            <http://www.geekcred.net>

            Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast? wrote:

            > I use MX Skype Recorder to record both sides of Skype conversations.
            > It's not free, but it's darn inexpensive. There are several other Skype
            > plugins and programs that do the same thing.
            >
            > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 2:33 pm, James Wadsworth wrote:
            > > Hey All,
            > >
            > > I use Skype for all my interviews. Up until Christmas this set up
            > > worked great. Yet under the Christmas tree was a new USB Headset
            > > Microphone which was made with VoiP in mind. It records well and I'm
            > > happy with it, but there is a problem. I can only record myself in
            > > Total Recorder (I tried Audacity as well, still no luck) I can not get
            > > my guest recorded.
            > >
            > > I know someone on this group had this exact problem before, does
            > > anyone have an answer?
            > >

            > --
            > Brian Richardson
            > - http://whatthecast.com <http://whatthecast.com>
            > - http://siliconchef.com <http://siliconchef.com>
            > - http://dragoncontv.com <http://dragoncontv.com>
            > - http://www.3chip.com <http://www.3chip.com>

          • Dmitry Baranov
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
              Hi James,

              ExtraLabs Skype Recorder is very useful:
              http://www.extralabs.net/skype-recorder.htm

              --
              Dmitry Baranov
            • Dennis Hays
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
                Take a look at Pamela Systems: http://www.pamela-systems.com/...

                The Pro version allows you to record your voice on one channel (L) and the
                voice over the telephone on the other channel (R) (two separate channels (L
                & R)) so you can edit either... to sweeten the voice over the telephone or
                apply/reduce gain and so forth.

                Best,

                Dennis
                Managing Editor
                Photo News Today

                --
                Dennis Hays
                Photo News Today

              • James Wadsworth
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
                  Thanks guys! You've all been a great help. I used MX Skype Recorder
                  last night and it worked like a charm. Its so much nicer then Total
                  Recorder for Skype, I should have had it ages ago.

                  Thanks again for all the suggestions.

                  ~James Wadsworth

                  LAMLradio: http://radio.laml.org
                  Canuck Report: http://canuckreport.podcastspot.com/