Re: What to do next?

  • mrniceguyshow_mk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
      I strongly agree with Blasterbot's advice (below).

      The most important thing you need to worry about is content, what
      you're going to say and how you're going to say it, not stuff, gadgets
      or hosting. Find options and gear that are good enough to get you
      started, not commit or bankrupt you or give you bragging material to
      wave at other podcasters. It's all about the listeners and the content.

      I have found _Podcast Solutions_ by Geoghegan and Klass to be the
      absolute best startup guide out there and I see that a second edition
      just came out in November (I don't know the authors or profit from
      this. I really like the book).

      I think everything else you should be reading for your podcast
      preparation should be content - not process - related.

      Good luck.

      -M!

      http://MrNiceGuyShow.com/

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Blasterbot5555:
      > Can I offer up some advice as a fellow newbie to podcasting? I don't
      > think it's wise to buy into any long-term hosting plans until you're
      > sure it's something you actually want to continue in the long-term.
      > Not to rain on your parade or anything, but how do you know you'll
      > want to be podcasting even a year from now? I know it's important to
      > plan for success, but I think it's also important to give yourself an
      > "out" if you decide at some point down the line that you want to stop.
      > That's what I'm doing.
      <snip>