Re: What to do next?

  • David
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
      good point. I Went for two years then stopped. Lost interest. libsyn
      is perfect for hosting. Get the Alesis multi mix 8. Only around $150
      and your good to go with your 58's and a usb out to your computer.

      David
      behindtheweddingmic.com
    • mrniceguyshow_mk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
        I strongly agree with Blasterbot's advice (below).

        The most important thing you need to worry about is content, what
        you're going to say and how you're going to say it, not stuff, gadgets
        or hosting. Find options and gear that are good enough to get you
        started, not commit or bankrupt you or give you bragging material to
        wave at other podcasters. It's all about the listeners and the content.

        I have found _Podcast Solutions_ by Geoghegan and Klass to be the
        absolute best startup guide out there and I see that a second edition
        just came out in November (I don't know the authors or profit from
        this. I really like the book).

        I think everything else you should be reading for your podcast
        preparation should be content - not process - related.

        Good luck.

        -M!

        http://MrNiceGuyShow.com/

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Blasterbot5555:
        > Can I offer up some advice as a fellow newbie to podcasting? I don't
        > think it's wise to buy into any long-term hosting plans until you're
        > sure it's something you actually want to continue in the long-term.
        > Not to rain on your parade or anything, but how do you know you'll
        > want to be podcasting even a year from now? I know it's important to
        > plan for success, but I think it's also important to give yourself an
        > "out" if you decide at some point down the line that you want to stop.
        > That's what I'm doing.
        <snip>