Re: [podcasters] Re: New Website Lets You Create Podcasts From A Webpage

    Message 1 of 101 , Jan 1, 2008
      On Jan 1, 2008 8:14 AM, Joe Thompson <onlymejoet@...> wrote:

      > So there's another service out there doing pretty much what I'm doing (except it's subscription based and the recordings are limited to 1 meg) and you're saying that it's successful? And "for some time" actually means since April 2007.

      I didn't use the word 'successful;' I said they've been in production
      and used by many podcasters. This is a verifiable statement.

      From an outside perspective, they do seem to be successful _at what
      they do_, which is different from the service you claim to offer.
      They're not claiming to do online recording for podcast distribution;
      they're doing it for embedded audio comments on Web sites. They've
      completely delivered on that claim. You have yet to completely
      deliver on the necessary features to make your service useful for
      podcast distribution.

      > You can't have it both ways. You've been pouring cold water on what I'm doing since this thread started and yet you use an example of somebody using very similar technology to "prove" that what I'm doing is a waste of time.

      Joe, you're putting words into my mouth. My post to Grizzly was
      simply to provide the name of the service he'd forgotten about. I
      said nothing about yours in that post.

      I haven't compared them to you until _this_ post, and that's because
      you seem intent on pushing the question. But if you're going to push
      it: yeah. I think they _are_ doing a better job than you, but that's
      primarily because they have a _finished product_ that delivers all the
      features necessary for its stated purpose. You do not. That's
      something you could change, if you'd quit talking and get back to
      design and coding before you ask why nobody's using it.

      > I wonder if there's any connection between you and Mychingo.

      Nope. I don't even use the thing on my site.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • David Smith
      Message 101 of 101 , Jan 2, 2008
        Hey, waitaminute.

        First of all, you were presenting your basic recording-via-a-JAVA-script
        website as a tool for creating podcasts. MyChingo is -not- for creating
        podcasts, if I recall it correctly -- I stumbled across whatever-I-found
        back before they actually offered anything, years ago -- it was a
        mechanism for creating voice comments on a blogsite or podcast site.

        You had decided you were a place to record podcasts. Different process.
        And I'd imagine Google works at your house, just as it works as mine, and
        you could have found MyChingo the same way I did, or Steve did. And all
        the other hopefuls who are creating stuff on the web and hope people will
        use it.

        What Steve did was respond to MY post trying to recall the service I
        stumbled across -- doing web searches -- years back. I thank Steve for
        making the effort, though I'm not sure that's the one I recall.

        So, Steve should apologize to you for how he replied to my post? I don't
        think so, and I'll say that in front of God, and everybody I know in 20
        different countries.

        So, back-the-f***-up. Now that we've settled that Steve didn't respond to
        -my- post to offend -you-, What was your question (he said, menacing and
        flexlingly...)

        Seriously, though, you have the beginnings of a tool to do something, and
        I'm still not sure what. Voice commenting is one of the possibilities I
        can forsee, and if I'm not mistaken, I was the person who said that might
        be a good option for you to pursue. (and I'm still sure there's more
        possibilities here.)

        So, if when I suggest an idea, your response is to use it to justify an
        attack on a friend of mine, why am I still listening? Why is anybody here
        still listening?

        <cough> <harrumph>

        So... Given that you've thought better of your previous post (as I would
        have), how can I help?

        It was 1 Jan 2008, when Joe Thompson commented:

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>