Re: [podcasters] Re: New Website Lets You Create Podcasts From A Webpage

    Message 1 of 101 , Dec 31, 2007
      On Dec 31, 2007 2:18 PM, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:

      > I still think this might be a starting point for a voice-comment
      > mechanism, though. Wish I could remember that one site that promised a
      > semi-turnkey voice commenting system. Don't recall the name, and when I
      > stumbled across it it wasn't up and running yet -- don't know if they ever
      > finished it, for that matter.

      MyChingo, and it's been in production and used by many podcasters for some time:

      http://www.mychingo.com/

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • David Smith
      Message 101 of 101 , Jan 2, 2008
        Hey, waitaminute.

        First of all, you were presenting your basic recording-via-a-JAVA-script
        website as a tool for creating podcasts. MyChingo is -not- for creating
        podcasts, if I recall it correctly -- I stumbled across whatever-I-found
        back before they actually offered anything, years ago -- it was a
        mechanism for creating voice comments on a blogsite or podcast site.

        You had decided you were a place to record podcasts. Different process.
        And I'd imagine Google works at your house, just as it works as mine, and
        you could have found MyChingo the same way I did, or Steve did. And all
        the other hopefuls who are creating stuff on the web and hope people will
        use it.

        What Steve did was respond to MY post trying to recall the service I
        stumbled across -- doing web searches -- years back. I thank Steve for
        making the effort, though I'm not sure that's the one I recall.

        So, Steve should apologize to you for how he replied to my post? I don't
        think so, and I'll say that in front of God, and everybody I know in 20
        different countries.

        So, back-the-f***-up. Now that we've settled that Steve didn't respond to
        -my- post to offend -you-, What was your question (he said, menacing and
        flexlingly...)

        Seriously, though, you have the beginnings of a tool to do something, and
        I'm still not sure what. Voice commenting is one of the possibilities I
        can forsee, and if I'm not mistaken, I was the person who said that might
        be a good option for you to pursue. (and I'm still sure there's more
        possibilities here.)

        So, if when I suggest an idea, your response is to use it to justify an
        attack on a friend of mine, why am I still listening? Why is anybody here
        still listening?

        <cough> <harrumph>

        So... Given that you've thought better of your previous post (as I would
        have), how can I help?

        It was 1 Jan 2008, when Joe Thompson commented:

        --
        Grizzly's Growls
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>