Re: [podcasters] Re: Question about K7.Net

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      Or you use your work cell phone and make the tax payers pay for it...

      or... envisioning a Skype-based bot...

      On Dec 31, 2007 12:27 PM, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

      > If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
      > here's an idea:
      >
      > Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
      > people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
      > have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
      > live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
      > bucks a month.
      >

      > MWD
      > "Clone The Homeless"
      > Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
      > was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
      > http://www.clonethehomeless.com

      Mike Wills

      Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com

    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
        It was 31 Dec 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

        > If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
        > here's an idea:
        >
        > Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
        > people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
        > have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
        > live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
        > bucks a month.

        One could just about create a "best of podcasting" podcast based only on
        the output one produced for that little project. Having lost my own
        personalized K7 number to this phenomenon, I understand the importance.
        And it'd be kinda fun to do.

        Hell, I'll do it myself. All you need to do is click on the PayPal
        "Donate" button on http://grizzly.libsyn.com once a month, dump in some
        nominal amount, maybe a buck, and a note indicating the podcast, the
        number, and some personal note if and only if you listen to the incoherent
        babbling I spew on my show. If you show is one I listen to, you'll also
        get a voice comment by the International Celebrity Host of Grizzly's
        Growls. (Hey, half a dozen countries listening counts as International
        Celebrity, though Jay Leno might disagree.)

        Given that the -only- phone I have is my cellphone, and that costs me
        fifty cents a minute, you'll get what you pay for. And I'm a brilliant
        commentarian. Or I will be. And since there's no such thing as a
        commentarian, whatever I do will define the industry, and is therefore by
        definition brilliant. So you're welcome to post comments declaiming on my
        brilliance and selfishness. Err... selflessness. Yeah, that's what I
        meant to say.

        Assuming I actually say anything.

        But, hey, you get what you pay for.

        --