Question about K7.Net

  • geekdimension
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2007
      I signed up with K7 and got a good number (or so I think)206-888-2692.

      I called in to set a personal message and it asked for the Security Code.
      I entered in what I "thought" was my security code and it said that I
      needed to have a 6 digit security code.
      When I signed up, the box where you set your code, says 4 digits only
      and not 6.
      What the... is going on? How do you set a 6 digit code when it only
      lets you put in 4 numbers?

      I read over their FAQs and it had nothing to say about this problem
      that I'm having.

      What should I do? What have you done? Have you ever had this problem?
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
        For kicks try 00 then the rest of your PIN. Knowing how numeric data is
        stored, that might get you past.

        On Dec 29, 2007 2:10 AM, geekdimension <geekdimension@...> wrote:

        > I signed up with K7 and got a good number (or so I think)206-888-2692.
        >
        > I called in to set a personal message and it asked for the Security Code.
        > I entered in what I "thought" was my security code and it said that I
        > needed to have a 6 digit security code.
        > When I signed up, the box where you set your code, says 4 digits only
        > and not 6.
        > What the... is going on? How do you set a 6 digit code when it only
        > lets you put in 4 numbers?
        >
        > I read over their FAQs and it had nothing to say about this problem
        > that I'm having.
        >
        > What should I do? What have you done? Have you ever had this problem?

        Mike Wills

        Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com

      • Michael W. Dean
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
          If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
          here's an idea:

          Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
          people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
          have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
          live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
          bucks a month.

          MWD
          "Clone The Homeless"
          Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
          was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
          http://www.clonethehomeless.com
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
            Or you use your work cell phone and make the tax payers pay for it...

            or... envisioning a Skype-based bot...

            On Dec 31, 2007 12:27 PM, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

            > If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
            > here's an idea:
            >
            > Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
            > people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
            > have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
            > live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
            > bucks a month.
            >

            > MWD
            > "Clone The Homeless"
            > Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
            > was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
            > http://www.clonethehomeless.com

            Mike Wills

            Check out my music show at http://thenextgenerationofradio.com

          • David Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
              It was 31 Dec 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

              > If someone's looking for a way to make a little money and help people,
              > here's an idea:
              >
              > Start a service where, for five or ten dollars a year, you will call
              > people's K7 number once a month to make sure it stays working. You'd
              > have to have unlimited long distance to make it work if you didn't
              > live in Seattle, but that's not so much. I have it, it's about 50
              > bucks a month.

              One could just about create a "best of podcasting" podcast based only on
              the output one produced for that little project. Having lost my own
              personalized K7 number to this phenomenon, I understand the importance.
              And it'd be kinda fun to do.

              Hell, I'll do it myself. All you need to do is click on the PayPal
              "Donate" button on http://grizzly.libsyn.com once a month, dump in some
              nominal amount, maybe a buck, and a note indicating the podcast, the
              number, and some personal note if and only if you listen to the incoherent
              babbling I spew on my show. If you show is one I listen to, you'll also
              get a voice comment by the International Celebrity Host of Grizzly's
              Growls. (Hey, half a dozen countries listening counts as International
              Celebrity, though Jay Leno might disagree.)

              Given that the -only- phone I have is my cellphone, and that costs me
              fifty cents a minute, you'll get what you pay for. And I'm a brilliant
              commentarian. Or I will be. And since there's no such thing as a
              commentarian, whatever I do will define the industry, and is therefore by
              definition brilliant. So you're welcome to post comments declaiming on my
              brilliance and selfishness. Err... selflessness. Yeah, that's what I
              meant to say.

              Assuming I actually say anything.

              But, hey, you get what you pay for.

              --