90 db Signal-to-noise ratio?

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2007
      Is a 90 db Signal-to-noise ratio acceptable for a preamp/compressor?
      I'm thinking of getting this rack mount unit:
      http://www.frontendaudio.com/SM_Pro_Audio_TB202_Dual_Channel_Strip_p/3350.htm

      From the manufacturer's info:
      The new "Red Valve" series TB202 valve (12AX7) mic pre-amp is a twin
      channel valve mic preamplifier that features switchable phantom power,
      phase reverse, -20dB Pad, optical compressor, and fully functional EQ
      all housed together in a single 1U rack mount sized chassis.
      (full stats and manual at the above link)
      --
      Anyone have experience with this one or this company (SM Audio)? At
      250 bucks, it seems pretty cheap for two-channel tube

      Thank you,
      MWD