Re: I need a website, what should I do and where should I go?

  • dcolanduno
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 19, 2007
      I would check out the options at KatAlley, you can install pretty
      much ANYTHING you want there, Wordpress, Drupal, etc, and the prices
      are quite good. ALso, they are Podcaster friendly, and service is
      amazing. I've been with them for about a year now, and have a
      monitoring service on my sites there, and have only had .05 percent
      down time. :)

      http://www.katalley.com/

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "christs_tyro_morrow"
      <christs_tyro_morrow@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm going to be doing a podcast sometime in the next 4 months.
      > What should I do when it comes to a web site?
      >
      > 1.
      > I was looking around and there seem to be too many options. As of
      > right now I don't even know where to start.
      > Do I go with WordPress, and use a WordPress friendly web host? Or
      do I
      > use Liberated Syndication (libsyn) and use what they offer?
      > I kept hearing that you need your domain name to be totally
      separate
      > from your host website. So I bought a domain name and sense it's
      the
      > name of my future podcast I want to use it.(Right now it's parked.)
      > I've looked at a few of my favorite podcast. I've tried to figure
      out
      > what they are doing but that's no good. They may have a domain and
      > website, but I can't tell what is going on behind the client-side
      of
      > the website. They may be pulling their MP3 files from another web
      host
      > or the same web site that host the very page that I'm looking at.
      One
      > thing is for sure I can't tell.
      >
      > 2.
      > What is the best way to go? All in one web host. Where they do
      > everything and you just make your podcast and upload it. Or split
      your
      > "wed site" up into two separate hosts, one that makes the feed and
      > hosts the MP3 files and link back to them. And have a WordPress
      host
      > that gives you a good looking website. Or is there something that
      I've